- Miles P. Drake, Senior VP, R&D, CTO, Weyerhaeuser
- Cornelius B. Murphy Jr., President, SUNY ESF
- K.G. Rajan, VP, Syracuse Pulp and Paper Foundation, Inc.
- Bala Ramakrishnan, Managing Director, GSO Capital Partners
- William H. Schlesinger, Incoming President, IES (as of June 1, 2007)
- William P. Tully, Director, Division of Engineering; Director, Joachim Center, SUNY ESF
- Mark T. Watkins, Senior VP Technology & Forestry, MeadWestvaco Corporation
- Ross S. Whaley, Chairman, The Adirondack Park Agency
- Scott Wheeler, President, Strategy Arts
SUNY-ESF Joachim Center
12th Annual Forum
Opportunities for Forest Resources, Forest Products and Allied Industries in a Potentially Carbon and Non-Renewable Energy Constrained World
Held June 4-5, 2007, at the Millennium UN Plaza Hotel, New York City
- Forum notes (includes quadrant graphs of priorites: research, policy, education & communications)
- Images of the event (PDF)
Designed to support the forest products and related industries in addressing the challenges posed by potentially emerging carbon and non renewable energy constraints, the 2007 Joachim Forum was an unqualified success. The focus was on industry efforts to foresee possibilities and align practices, policies, and products that will enable success within these constraints. Participants represented industry, government, non-governmental organizations, financial and market sectors, academia and the general public.
Forum participants were invited to:
- Learn from the success of others.
- Understand and contribute to new industry-wide insights on policy, education, public communications and research.
- Identify and understand the feasibility of potentially important future opportunities for their own areas of interest.
- Establish and build relationships with other senior leaders in the forest products and related industries.
We enjoyed seeing you in New York City.
William P. Tully
Dr. William P. Tully
Director, Joachim Center