Portfolio of Faculty Work
2014 - 2015 Awards and Recognitions
Faculty and Departmental Awards
Bailey, C. The SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Professional Service.
Curry, G. W. ASLA-NY Upstate Chapter. Distinguished Academic Practitioner and Lifetime Achievement Awards 2014. Awarded at ASLA Upstate Annual Meeting. January 23, 2015
Fernandez, I. Dr. Nuala McGann Drescher Affirmative Action/Diversity Leave Program. Spring 2015
Hawks, R.S. Inducted as a SUNY Distinguished Service Professor May 15, 2015
Hawks, R. S. United University Professions (UUP) Development Awards. State University of New York, CESF. Awarded for travel related to presentation on Research and Professional Education at the ASLA CEO Roundatable , University of Washington.
Hogue, M. United University Professions (UUP) Development Awards. State University of New York, College of Environmental Science and Forestry. Awarded for travel related to 925,000 Campsites exhibit.
Miller, A. A J Miller Landscape Architecture PLLC, was again voted "Best of Houzz" in the Design firms featured in Houzz Magazine
Toland, T. ASLA-NY Upstate Chapter. Practitioner (Academic) of the Year. 2014. Awarded at ASLA Upstate Annual Meeting. January 23, 2015\
Vanucchi, J. Nominated by peers for NY Upstate ASLA Practioner Award
Department of Landscape Architecture. Ranked 15th in Nation by Design Intelligence.
Gena Morgis. ASLA- NY Upstate Chapter. Distinguished Student Award.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place - NY Upstate ASLA Poster Competition
- Dieterlen, S. Immigrant Pastoral: Midwestern Landscapes and Mexican-American Neighborhoods (Initial offering in Routledge Research in Landscape monograph series; forthcoming Fall 2015).
- Hogue, M. Thirtyfour Campgrounds (in review)
Chapters in Books
- Hawks, R.S. Invited and submitted chapter abstract for Together We Design: Techniques for Transactive Community Design, Editors: David de la Peña, Randy Hester, Jeff Hou, Diane Jones Allen, Laura Lawson (pending editor’s decision for inclusion)
- Toland, T. and S.A.W. Diemont. Understanding Urban Ecology. Chapter co-author. Peer review comments received. Undergoing revisions.
- Dieterlen, S. (2014) “Hidden in Plain Sight: Design Approaches to Midwestern Mexican-American Landscapes.” Journal of Urbanism 7 (2): 109-129. DOI:10.1080/17549175.2013.875055
- Holtan, Meghan, S. Dieterlen and W. C. Sullivan. (2014) “Social life under cover: Tree canopy coverage and neighborhood social capital in Baltimore, MD.” Environment and Behavior DOI: 10.1177/0013916513518064
- Hogue, M. Fully Serviced. L. Sheppard, and M. Przbylski (eds). Bracket 3 [At Extremes] (Actar: 2015).
- In Press
- Potteiger, M. and G.A.F. Dewi. “Foraging and Designing Productive Urban Ecologies,” Journal of Ethnobiology. Special issue on urban landscapes.
- In Review
- Jeong, M., T. Koebel, and M.M. Bryant.. Key Factors Influencing LID Adoption by Local Governments. Journal of Environmental Planning and Management.
- Auwaerter, J. 2014. Landscape Lines 17: Cultural Landscapes & NPS Facility Management. National Park Service (GPO). 45 pages.
- Grohol, E. and M.M. Bryant. 2015. Chancellorsville at a Crossroads. Submitted to the National Park Service Olmsted Center for Landscape Preservation and the Fredericksburg & Spotsylvania National Military Park. 166 pages.
- Bryant, M. M. and K. Van Der Geest. 2014. Think Like a Watershed: The Nine Mile Creek Watershed Planning Project. Submitted to the Nine Mile Creek Conservation Council. 140 pages.
- Hogue, M. Spiral Jetty: 08.2003 Field photographs to be included in Expanded Field (San Francisco: ORO Editions, projected publication date: 2015).
- Miller, A. Professional Work included in, Residential Landscape, edited by Arthur Gao, Design Media Publishing Limited, Hong Kong, ISBN 978-988-19739-4-8
- Daley, D., T. Toland, D. Leopold. 2014. Design and Performance of an Intensive Green Roof System using Native Plant Communities in Upstate New York. Water Environment Federation Technical Exhibition and Conference. Proceedings.
- Vanucchi, J. “Crossing the Line” with visual mapping essay prepared by students in Design Lab for NY Waters course, Scenario Journal Issue 6: Extraction, 2015.
- Davis, B. and Vanucchi, J. “Urban Forest as Landscape Artifact”, Scenario Journal Issue 5: Urban Forestry, 2014.