Call for Papers and Presentations
2015 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium
Paper and poster presentations are considered equal in terms of expected scholarly quality. At their core, management and roundtable discussions should have a focus on application.
- Research paper presentation: A 15-minute presentation followed by 5 minutes of discussion.
- Poster presentation: A 60-minute session; authors must be present to answer questions.
- Management presentation: A 90-minute session focusing on current, applied recreation management issues.
- Roundtable discussion: A 60- to 90-minute session providing structure for stimulating discussion of timely and controversial topics.
Potential topics for oral presentations or posters
The following are examples of topical areas. However, we welcome and encourage presentations on other areas of recreation research and management.
- Natural resource management
- Outdoor & adventure recreation
- Management applications
- Historical/cultural resource management
- Emerging and existing trends
- Human dimensions of wildlife
- Park/Recreation/Tourism planning
- Travel and tourism
- Policy development
- Measurement and forecasting
- Methodological & theoretical development
- Urban parks & recreation
- Sustainable tourism and development
- Ecotourism and nature tourism
Potential topics for management roundtable sessions
- Partnerships and dedicated funding sources to fund parks and recreation
- Reconnecting youth with nature and the outdoors thru green and playful parks
- Carbon friendly and sustainable parks
- Urban forests/parks and their effects on quality of life
- Social and environmental justice through parks, recreation, leisure and tourism
- The potential impacts of government shut down on the public recreation facilities
Abstract submission guidelines & website
Abstracts can be submitted through the SORP website at: www.recpro.org/2015-conference. To review the information needed prior to online submission, click here for the submission guidelines. If you experience any problems when submitting an abstract, please contact Tom Wickham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For oral presentations: One LCD projector and laptop computer will be set up in each break-out session room. Speakers are asked to load their presentations onto the appropriate laptop during conference breaks from either a CD or portable hard drive. Any additional equipment is the responsibility of the presenter.
- For poster session: The author(s) must remain by the poster board for the one hour session. Poster content, including title(s), introduction, findings, and conclusion, figures, tables, and pictures, will be displayed on a 3' x 4' poster board supplied by NERR.
|November 26, 2014||One page abstract must be received via the SORP abstract submission website by this date.|
|January 30, 2015||Notification of acceptance.|
|February 16, 2015||Full draft schedule (including presentation times) posted on website.|
For more information about abstract submission, contact:
Dr. Thomas D. Wickham
2015 NERR Symposium Chair
Department of Earth Sciences
California University of Pennsylvania
250 University Avenue\California, PA 15419-1394