2010 - 2011
|WELCOME TO GCG|
The Green Construction Group is a student-run organization on the SUNY ESF campus with the Goals to:
· To foster scientific study and research in the field of environmentally sustainable building;
· To develop and disseminate knowledge in sustainable building research and design;
· To improve the methods and design of sustainable buildings;
· To develop better public understanding and appreciation of the challenges and solution posed by improved sustainable building practices;
· To promote understanding, adoption and use of sustainable building practices across the SUNY-ESF community;
· To gain practical and professional experience
· To network with construction and green building professionals.
We try to accomplish these goals with guest speakers, field trips, professional meetings, club projects, and other relevant activities.