October 26, 2014
Tour Sites & The Genesee Grande Hotel, 1060 E Genesee St, Syracuse, NY 13210
|4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Central New York Biotech Accelerator, 841 East Fayette St., Syracuse, NY 13210 &
- Syracuse Center of Excellence Biofuels Facility, 727 E. Washington St., Syracuse, NY 13210
|5:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Reception: The Genesee Grande Hotel, 1060 E Genesee St, Syracuse, NY 13210
|6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Welcome: Tim Killeen, Vice Chancellor for Research, SUNY and President, The Research Foundation for SUNY
October 27, 2014
SUNY-ESF Gateway Center, 1 Forestry Dr. Syracuse, NY 13210
|7:45 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
|8:30 a.m. - 8:40 a.m.
- Neil H. Ringler, Vice Provost for Research, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY-ESF)
- Quentin Wheeler, President, SUNY-ESF
|8:40 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
SUNY Networks of Excellence: Update on Activities and Initiatives
- Tim Killeen, Vice Chancellor for Research, SUNY and President, The Research Foundation for SUNY
|9:00 a.m. - 9:10 a.m.
SUNY 4E Network of Excellence Meeting Objectives
- David Conover, Vice President for Research, Stony Brook University
- James Dias, Vice President for Research, University at Albany
- Neil Ringler, Vice Provost for Research, SUNY-ESF
- Bahgat Sammakia, Vice President for Research, Binghamton University
|9:10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
4E Funded Projects – Updates on Progress (8 minutes each with Q&A)
- Aphid-Like Biosensors for Ecosystem Studies: NANAPHID Proof of Concept
Lead PI: Lapenas, University at Albany
- Smart Magnetic Materials for Energy Conversion
Lead PI: Zeng, University at Buffalo
- Joint Theoretical-Experimental Quest for Novel Carbon-Based Materials for Energy Applications
Lead PI: Petrukhina, University at Albany
- Integrating Science, Policy, and Eco Considerations in Understanding and Managing Nearshore Water Quality
Lead PI: Friedman, University at Buffalo
- Understanding and Overcoming Barriers to Communication in Complex Socio-Ecological Systems
Lead PI: Hirsch, SUNY ESF
- Homeland Security Outside the Beltway
Lead PI: Fossett, Albany
- The Integrated Water System of the Great Lakes Region: Its Condition and Cahllenges for the Future
Lead PI: Vidon, SUNY-ESF
- Restoring Ecosystem Integrity and Ecosystem Services in Jamaica Bay, NY: A Research Planning Workshop
Lead PI: Limburg, SUNY-ESF
- WORKSHOP: I-SEES-Institute for Smart Energy & Environmental Sustainability
Lead PI: Sadik, Binghamton
- Adirondack Air Chemistry and Climate: Developing a Collaborative Partnership
Lead PI: Leibensperger, Plattsburgh
- Educational Space as a Flexible Sensitive Sustainable System
Lead PI: Frank, New Paltz
- Biomimicry as an approach to research on energy and the environment
Lead PI: Cady, CNSE
- Workshop on Dynamic Islanding as an Accelerant for Grid Restoration and Enhancement to Reliability
Lead PI: Sun, Stony Brook
- Workshops to Develop Faculty Mentors and Sponsored Research Experience for Undergraduates in Water Resources Science and Engineering
Lead PI: Daley, SUNY-ESF
- Conference to lay groundwork for SUNY Global Health Institute
Lead PI: DeHovitz, Downstate
- The Socio- Economic Impact of the Use of New Types of Energy in New York State
Lead PI: Hag, Alfred State
- Southern Tier Energy Production: Powering Up Middle School Writers to Learn About their Communities
Lead PI: Magiera, Fredonia
- Workshop on Water Resources Issues Related to Unconventional Natural Gas Production
Lead PI: Lowry, Buffalo
- Biofuels Research and Education Collaboration
Lead PI: Padalino, Geneseo
- Climate Change and Extreme Weather in NYS and its Impact on Inland and Coastal Flooding
Lead PI: Thorncroft, Albany
|10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
|10:45 a.m. - 12:30 pm
|| 4E Funded Projects – Updates on Progress, con’t
|12:30 pm – 2:00 p.m.
|2:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
||Working Lunch Reports: Emerging Topics in Strategic Areas
|3:15 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Discussion, Action Items, Wrap Up
- Tim Killeen, David Conover, James Dias, Neil Ringler, Bahgat Sammakia
Hotel Accomodations ave been arranged for registrants at the...
1060 East Genesee St.
Syracuse, NY 13210