Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) Certified Production Technician Certification
Green Production Module
October 12, 2015
The Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) Certified Production Technician (CPT) Certificate Online Course
This industry-recognized, nationally portable credential is preparing individuals to succeed in Advanced Manufacturing. The MSSC Certified Production Technician Certificate is awarded to individuals who pass all four production assessments in the modular areas.
Benefits of the MSSC Certified Production Technician
Whether you are an incumbent worker, a career changer, new to the workforce or a student, MSSC credentials will help you document your skills with a national certificate recognized by industry. MSSC is the only national certifying body in manufacturing and logistics whose Certified Production Technicians have been accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) under ISO 17024. The Certified Production Technician credential demonstrates to employers that you are serious about employment and that you have developed your skills in their industry.
Additional benefits to students and workers include
- Offers the only nationally portable, industry recognized skill certifications for front-line production workers (entry-level through first line of supervision) in all sectors of manufacturing and front-line material handling workers throughout supply chain logistics
- Improves career advancement opportunities and earnings by obtaining high-performance skills through MSSC training
- Improves job security through documented certification of proven skill sets
- Credentials foundational skills and core competencies needed to be an easily trainable, flexible worker able to keep pace with technological changes.
- Has the potential to improve prospects for hiring, advancement and benefits
What People are Saying about Certified Production Technician (CPT) Training:
- "It was beneficial for my Supervisors and they all gained from the experience. (We) have a few (more) Supervisors ... interested in this upcoming session."
-Mark S., Huhtamaki
Individuals demonstrate their understanding of the core skills and knowledge though an assessment based upon MSSC's industry-defined, nationally validated skill standards at the conclusion of each module. Delivered online, the assessment contains about 80-90 multiple-choice questions (paper versions are available in special circumstances). Individuals are allowed 90 minutes to complete the assessment. MSSC provides assessment scores as soon as the individual completes the assessment showing whether an individual met the “cut” scores for passing. This immediate feedback includes a diagnostic report for the individual showing how he or she scored on the key work activities. This information is intended for self-improvement and is provided to all test-takers whether they pass or not. The assessments will take place at Onondaga Community College at no cost to the participant.
- If the assessment is not passed on the first attempt the individual must wait 15 calendar days before retaking the assessment. If the individual does not pass a second time, he or she must wait another 15 calendar days. If the individual does not pass the third time, he or she must wait 60 calendar days before taking the assessment again.
- There will be a cost associated with assessment retakes.
- MSSC strongly recommends that individuals be at a 8th-grade math and 10th-grade reading level.
For more information about MSSC's Green Production module, please Click Here.
With a passing assessment score, individuals will earn:
- Nationally portable, industry recognized Certificate
- Key Work Activities document to share with employers
The current CPT Green Production Module program schedule is listed at the top of this page. The training and certification will be provided by MACNY (The Manufacturers Association of Central New York). The training is a blended learning format – predominantly online with instructor-led webinars.
The Green Production module will have live webinar sessions that will also be available at a later time in archival format, for those who are unable to attend the live session. An assessment test will be held on the last day of each module at at Onondaga Community College at no cost to the participant. .
Green Production Module = FREE! (note that this module covers greening of the production process, not the production of green products.
- To begin the registration click HERE.
Each student will receive the following:
- Registration to the CPT program
- Access to all e-learning modules
- Access to all online assessments at MSSC designated testing sites
This project is funded, in part, by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant, Enhancing American Jobs and Global Competitiveness: A Collaborative Initiative in Sustainable Materials and Manufacturing.
The SUNY-ESF Radiation Curing Program is an equal opportunity program and auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. This project adheres to the nondiscrimination and equal opportunity provisions of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA).