- ESF S.C.I.E.N.C.E
- NSF GK12 (Environmental Science to Promote Sustainable Urban, Rural, and Indigenous Communities)
- Environmental Challenge
- Image Galleries
ESF SCIENCE- Science Corps
2014 Summer Job Call for Applications
Summer Camps Investigating Ecology in Neighborhood and City Environments (ESF SCIENCE) exposes Syracuse middle and high school students to science and environmental education. Through summer environmental camps, participants are involved in programs that emphasize urban ecology and urban ecosystems that are relevant to their lives, a critical key for cultivating and sustaining interest in science during the middle school years and beyond. The environmental summer camps, situated in local green spaces, make participants more aware of urban environmental issues and motivate them to become environmental problem solvers. Students are involved in service learning projects that promote environmental stewardship and environmental awareness, as students take pride in maintaining and improving the environment for their communities.
Summer Job Opportunities
- ESF Outreach will hire a team of 4 ESF undergraduate students and 1 graduate student to lead the camp activities.
- Employment runs for approximately 9 weeks in June, July, and August.
- We are looking for people who love being outdoors and like working with middle and high school students.
- Complete ESF SCIENCE Application Form
- Include your resume
- Include one paragraph statement of purpose describing why you are applying for ESF SCIENCE
- Submit application materials by March 28 (late applications will be considered if positions haven’t been filled) to Brandon Murphy
ESF Outreach, 230 Gateway Center
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 315-470-6979