We invite you to learn more about ESF’s programs for K-12 students and teachers that enhance science, technology, engineering and mathematics learning and professional development.
ESF in the High School
- ESFHS home
- Center for ESF in the High School
- Meet the adjunct instructors (link coming soon)
- Environmental Summit
ESF Science Corps
- ESF Science Corps home
- Summer Camps Investigating Ecology in Neighborhood and City Environments (ESF SCIENCE)
- Science Corps Tutoring Program (SCTP)
- SCSD/ESF 7 & 8th grade Environmental Challenge
- Girl's Summit at ESF
- Join the Science Corps! (coming soon)
- Water Mini Conference
- Meteorology & Climate Change Workshops
- Supplemental Curriculum and Other Resources
- Past Programs (coming soon!)
- Elementary STEM Mentors
- STEM Mentor Program (NYAS): Service Research in Urban Schools
- SAGE: Sustainable and Green Entrepreneurship
- Introduction to Green Entrepreneurship
- Summer Institute for Teachers: Advanced Training Workshop in Alternative Energy
Dr. James Gibbs, a professor in the ESF Department of Environmental and Forest Biology and director of ESF's Roosevelt Wild Life Station, has been named a SUNY Distinguished Professor, the highest faculty rank in the SUNY system.
More than 150 leaders from throughout The State University of New York system convened at the College of Environmental Science and Forestry today (Oct. 10) for a daylong summit focused on defining opportunities for sustainability partnerships and sparking new ideas for advancing sustainability throughout the SUNY network.
The work of artist Emma Percy will be exhibited on the ESF campus as part of Alumni and Family Weekend.
ESF is part of a statewide collaboration on a sustainable village and learning community in Haiti that will provide resources and services for the town of Arcahaie.
"The whole process of making paper from start to finish is entrancing in a way. It seems to be one of the most environmentally friendly art-making processes," said Emma Percy, this year's artist in residence at the Adirondack Interpretive Center (AIC) in Newcomb, New York. "You're using plant materials and water and not much else."
ESF continues to rank among the top universities in America, according to U.S. News & World Report.
The Drive and Shine Expo returns to downtown Syracuse Sept. 10 with the College of Environmental Science and Forestry co-sponsoring the event.