2016 Kiln Drying Workshop
January 11-14, 2016
- Online Registration Link
- $475.00 per person before December 21, 2015 ($525.00 after December 21, 2015)
- If you are registering more than one person from the same organization, the rate is $475.00-1st person; $450.00 each subsequent registration (by December 21, 2015); $525-1st person; $500 for each subsequent registration (after December 21, 2015).
About the Workshop
This workshop provides practical knowledge about how to effectively kiln dry wood, and focuses on the science behind related wood properties and drying processes.
- As the economy improves, are you ready to supply the market with the best quality kiln dried lumber?
- Do you want to better control your drying and quality cost?
- Can you improve and better manage your drying and lumber handling options?
The instruction and topics are of interest and value to novice and experienced kiln operators as well as yard, sales, purchasing, marketing, and manufacturing managers. University professors and various industry experts instruct in the classroom and through hands-on lab exercises using our modern kiln.
Reduced rates have been negotiated for the following hotels based on availability and must be made directly to the hotel at least 30 days prior to the Workshop.
- Crowne Plaza Syracuse — 701 East Genesee St., Syracuse, NY. Make reservations using the Kiln Drying Link or by calling Michael Greer (315-703-1917) directly and mentioning the SUNY-ESF Rate.
- Genesee Grande Hotel — 1060 East Genesee St., Syracuse, NY. Make reservations by calling the hotel directly at 315-476-4212 and ask for the "SUNY-ESF Kiln Drying Room Block."