- $475 per person for registrations received by December 21
- $525 per person for registrations received after December 21
- If you are registering more than one person from the same organization, the rate is $475 for the first person and $450 for each subsequent registration (by December 21) and $525 for the first person and $500 for each subsequent registration (after December 21).
Registration includes: breakfast, lunch, afternoon break, dinner on Monday, parking, and workshop materials.
Your registration will be processed immediately and securely. We accept payment by MasterCard or Visa, purchase order or voucher, or check.
- If paying with a purchase order or voucher, an invoice will be included with the registrant's email confirmation.
- Checks made payable to SUNY Research Foundation should be mailed along with a copy of your email confirmation to:
Attn: Terry Sakowski
1 Forestry Drive
235 Gateway Center
Syracuse, NY 13210
For questions regarding registration, please contact Terry Sakowski.
Our Payment and Cancellation Policy
- If you have a balance due, please be prepared to make your payment at check-in. We will accept a check (made payable to SUNY Research Foundation), Visa, or MasterCard.
- If you are using a purchase order or voucher, please provide the PO/voucher number, as well as a credit card number to hold. If payment is not received within 30 days of the event, your credit card will be charged the appropriate fee.
Refunds (minus a $50 administrative fee) for a cancellation will only be issued to participants who provide written notice to Terry Sakowski by Monday, December 23, 2013. Cancellations will not be accepted by phone. No refunds will be issued after that time. Substitutions are permissible at any time by modifying your registration (refer to email confirmation).
There are numerous hotels and motels in the Syracuse area and you are welcome to reserve space where you desire. The following hotels have set up reduced rates for this workshop and are the closest to campus. You must call them directly at least 30 days prior to your arrival to obtain the discounted rate. Rooms are based on availability.
- Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel and Conference Center, 801 University Ave., Syracuse, NY
- 315-475-3000 (mention Kiln Drying)
- $133.00 Single, $143.00 Double
- Crowne Plaza Syracuse, 701 East Genesee St., Syracuse, NY
- Contact Sarah Block by email or by phone (315-703-1913)
- $115.00 Single king or two double beds
- Genesee Grande Hotel, 1060 East Genesee St., Syracuse, NY
- 315-476-4212 (ask for the Kiln Drying Workshop room block)
- $96.00 Single
Registered participants will receive a parking pass via email the week prior to the conference. Parking will be in the Standart lot located between Standart Street and Oakland Street, west end of campus. Link on map below.
Directions & Alternate lodging link