Professional Education and Non-Credit Programs
We invite you to learn more about ESF’s professional education programs, including regional, state-wide, national and international contract trainings, seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Advanced Manufacturing of Thermal and Environmental Controls
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Bioprocessing
- New York State Biotechnology Symposium
- New York State Green Building Conference
- Radiation Curing Program [RCP]
- SUNY SPARE- Solar Power As Renewable Energy Basic and Commercial Courses
- 14th Upstate New York NMR Conference and Structural Biology Symposium
- American Chestnut Foundation NYS Chapter Annual Meeting
- Divestment 2016: Setting a Path for a "Just Transition"
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) and Principles of Engineering (PE) Licensure Exam Review Course
- Kiln Drying Workshop
- NE-1333 Chestnut Meeting
- Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium
- NYFOA Symposium "The Future of New York Forests at Risk- Working Toward a Comprehensive Solution"
- Onondaga Lake Research Forum
- SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines - Depolarizing the Environment: Thinking Broadly About Science, Policy, and Politics
- SUNY Energy, Environment, Education, and Economics (4E) Network of Excellence Fall Charette
- Sustainable Use of Renewable Energy (SURE)
- Voices From Maple Nation: Indigenous Women's Climate Summit
- Professional Certification / Licensure
Archived Past Events
- American Ecological Engineering Society Meeting: Coupling Natural and Human Systems
- Green Infrastructure Symposium
- International Phytotechnologies Conference
- Likelihood and Bayesian Approaches to Data Analysis Workshop
- National Climate Assessment Northeast Regional Town Hall
- Short Rotation Woody Crops Operations Working Group Conference
- SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines – Resiliency of the Great Lakes to Climate & Storms
- SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines - From Lab to Landscape: Integrated Infectious Disease Research
- SUNY Faculty Senate/Research Foundation for SUNY Sustainability Research Workshop
- Willow Biomass Energy and Alternative Applications
WWNY TV: An Outdoor Adventure On Fort Drum
ESF was one of the supporters of the 2017 Fort Drum Annual Outdoor Adventure Day. 8/20/17 READ MORE
The College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will have a presence at a number of venues at the 2017 New York State Fair.
Watertown Daily Times: Robots, drones abound at STEM day camp
Workshops for STEM day camp included an ESF-hosted workshop on renewable energy. 8/4/17
Syracuse.com: CNY students to investigate health of Onondaga Lake watershed
ESF students are participating in a summer program that lets high school students help investigate the health of Onondaga Lake watershed. 7/7/17 READ MORE
The Philosophers' Camp, an annual collaboration between the College of Environmental Science and Forestry's (ESF) Northern Forest Institute and St. John's College of Santa Fe, New Mexico, reimagines the original Adirondack excursion as a weekend retreat in elegant Great Camp style at the historic Masten House. It will be held Sept. 29 to Oct. 1.
High water on Lake Ontario, urbanization of the New Jersey shore and a growing predator population are among the challenges facing one of America's iconic shorebirds and the conservationists determined to restore the bird's population.
Syracuse.com: Nottingham High School Students Win Award at 2017 SUNY ESF Environmental Summit
Syracuse.com reports on students who won awards at the 2017 ESF Environmental Summit. 6/16/17 READ MORE