Professional Education and Non-Credit Programs
We invite you to learn more about ESF’s professional education programs, including regional, state-wide, national and international contract trainings, seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Advanced Manufacturing of Thermal and Environmental Controls
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Bioprocessing
- New York State Biotechnology Symposium
- New York State Green Building Conference
- Radiation Curing Program [RCP]
- SUNY SPARE- Solar Power As Renewable Energy Basic and Commercial Courses
- 14th Upstate New York NMR Conference and Structural Biology Symposium
- American Chestnut Foundation NYS Chapter Annual Meeting
- Divestment 2016: Setting a Path for a "Just Transition"
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) and Principles of Engineering (PE) Licensure Exam Review Course
- Kiln Drying Workshop
- NE-1333 Chestnut Meeting
- Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium
- NYFOA Symposium "The Future of New York Forests at Risk- Working Toward a Comprehensive Solution"
- Onondaga Lake Research Forum
- SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines - Depolarizing the Environment: Thinking Broadly About Science, Policy, and Politics
- SUNY Energy, Environment, Education, and Economics (4E) Network of Excellence Fall Charette
- Sustainable Use of Renewable Energy (SURE)
- Voices From Maple Nation: Indigenous Women's Climate Summit
- Professional Certification / Licensure
Archived Past Events
- American Ecological Engineering Society Meeting: Coupling Natural and Human Systems
- Green Infrastructure Symposium
- International Phytotechnologies Conference
- Likelihood and Bayesian Approaches to Data Analysis Workshop
- National Climate Assessment Northeast Regional Town Hall
- Short Rotation Woody Crops Operations Working Group Conference
- SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines – Resiliency of the Great Lakes to Climate & Storms
- SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines - From Lab to Landscape: Integrated Infectious Disease Research
- SUNY Faculty Senate/Research Foundation for SUNY Sustainability Research Workshop
- Willow Biomass Energy and Alternative Applications
The 15th Annual Green Building Conference sponsored by the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) in March will feature presentations by experts in the green building field.
Adirondack Almanack: Connect Kids to Parks Transportation Grant Program
ESF's Newcomb Campus is participating in the Connect Kids to Parks program, which helps NY public schools fund history and nature field trips. 12/13/16 READ MORE
ESF celebrated the accomplishments of its newest graduates during commencement ceremonies Friday at Hendricks Chapel.
ESF will award 156 degrees, including 48 master's degrees and 14 Doctor of Philosophy degrees, during the 2016 December Commencement 2 p.m. Dec. 9 at Hendricks Chapel.
Biomimicry - connecting nature's designs to human needs - is the focus of two days of workshops and discussions at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
CNY Business Journal: Syracuse to host 2017 World Canals Conference
ESF will host the 2017 World Canals Conference, which is expected to draw international delegations to Syracuse. 10/7/16 READ MORE
TWC Going Green: Going Green: American, Indian Foresters Share Similar Goal
This week's Going Green features a recent cultural and educational exchange between the ESF Ranger School and a delegation of foresters from India. 10/16/16 READ MORE