Professional Education and Non-Credit Programs
We invite you to learn more about ESF’s professional education programs, including regional, state-wide, national and international contract trainings, seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Advanced Manufacturing of Thermal and Environmental Controls
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Bioprocessing
- Radiation Curing Program [RCP]
- New York State Green Building Conference
- SUNY SPARE- Solar Power As Renewable Energy Basic and Commercial Courses
- New York State Biotechnology Symposium
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) and Principles of Engineering (PE) Licensure Exam Review Course
- SURE: Sustainable Practices in Central New York
- American Chestnut Foundation NYS Chapter Annual Meeting
- 14th Upstate New York NMR Conference and Structural Biology Symposium
- Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium
- NYFOA Symposium "The Future of New York Forests at Risk- Working Toward a Comprehensive Solution"
- Onondaga Lake Research Forum
- SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines - Depolarizing the Environment: Thinking Broadly About Science, Policy, and Politics
- SUNY Energy, Environment, Education, and Economics (4E) Network of Excellence Fall Charette
- Kiln Drying Workshop
- Professional Certification / Licensure
Archived Past Events
- American Ecological Engineering Society Meeting: Coupling Natural and Human Systems
- Green Infrastructure Symposium
- International Phytotechnologies Conference
- Likelihood and Bayesian Approaches to Data Analysis Workshop
- National Climate Assessment Northeast Regional Town Hall
- Short Rotation Woody Crops Operations Working Group Conference
- SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines – Resiliency of the Great Lakes to Climate & Storms
- SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines - From Lab to Landscape: Integrated Infectious Disease Research
- SUNY Faculty Senate/Research Foundation for SUNY Sustainability Research Workshop
- Willow Biomass Energy and Alternative Applications
Xiaoliang Yang, an ESF Ph.D. candidate in environmental and natural resources policy, has been appointed to a two-year term on the National Coal Council, the advisory panel to the U.S. secretary of energy.
Oswego County Today: Granby Fifth Graders Form Recycling Club
ESF Outreach's Global Environment course is inspiring K-12 students to a passion for recycling. 1/21/16 READ MORE
Edward Smith K-8 STEAM Event Jan. 27th
ESF students are providing support for Edward Smith School's annual STEM & Arts (STEAM) event. 1/16 READ MORE
Dr. Theodore Endreny, chair of the ESF Department of Environmental Resources Engineering, has been awarded a Fulbright Scholar grant to serve as Distinguished Chair in Environmental Science at Parthenope University in Naples, Italy.
ESF has received a $190,000 SUNY Investment Fund award to support the development of new online-enabled programs focusing on science, technology, engineering and math.
Grad Students Submit Aquaculture Study to UN
Graduate students at ESF and Wageningen University recently completed their collaborative 2015 International Environmental Policy Consultancy with the United Nations Division of Sustainable Development. This year's project entailed horizon scanning of new scientific and technological developments in sustainable aquaculture, related to the U.N.'s focus on "Oceans, Biodiversity and Livelihoods." The students' report is titled "Aquaculture: The Road Towards Sustainability." The consultancy was supervised by Professor David Sonnenfeld of the Department of Environmental Studies at ESF; and Dr. Machiel Lamers and Astrid Hendriksen of the Environmental Policy Group at Wageningen University in the Netherlands. READ MORE
DEC to Host Three Weekends of Santanoni Winter Open Houses
View the complete blog
ESF Events of Interest to Professionals
Small Paper Machine Run 1 Small Paper Machine Run 2 Small Paper Machine Run 3 Large 48" Paper Machine Run 1
Thursday, February 25, 2016, 7:00 am - 6:00 pm. Pilot Plant Walters Hall.
Thursday, March 3, 2016, 8:00 am - 4:00 am. Pilot Plant Walters Hall.
Thursday, March 10, 2016, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Walters Hall Pilot Plant.
Friday, March 25, 2016, Walters Hall Pilot Plant.
Small Paper Machine Run 1
Small Paper Machine Run 2
Small Paper Machine Run 3
Large 48" Paper Machine Run 1