Professional Education and Non-Credit Programs
We invite you to learn more about ESF’s professional education programs, including regional, state-wide, national and international contract trainings, seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Advanced Manufacturing of Thermal and Environmental Controls
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Bioprocessing
- Divestment 2016: Setting a Path for a "Just Transition"
- Kiln Drying Workshop
- New York State Biotechnology Symposium
- New York State Green Building Conference
- Radiation Curing Program [RCP]
- SUNY SPARE- Solar Power As Renewable Energy Basic and Commercial Courses
- Voices From Maple Nation: Indigenous Women's Climate Summit
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) and Principles of Engineering (PE) Licensure Exam Review Course
- American Chestnut Foundation NYS Chapter Annual Meeting
- 14th Upstate New York NMR Conference and Structural Biology Symposium
- NE-1333 Chestnut Meeting
- Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium
- NYFOA Symposium "The Future of New York Forests at Risk- Working Toward a Comprehensive Solution"
- Onondaga Lake Research Forum
- SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines - Depolarizing the Environment: Thinking Broadly About Science, Policy, and Politics
- SUNY Energy, Environment, Education, and Economics (4E) Network of Excellence Fall Charette
- Sustainable Use of Renewable Energy (SURE)
- Professional Certification / Licensure
Archived Past Events
- American Ecological Engineering Society Meeting: Coupling Natural and Human Systems
- Green Infrastructure Symposium
- International Phytotechnologies Conference
- Likelihood and Bayesian Approaches to Data Analysis Workshop
- National Climate Assessment Northeast Regional Town Hall
- Short Rotation Woody Crops Operations Working Group Conference
- SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines – Resiliency of the Great Lakes to Climate & Storms
- SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines - From Lab to Landscape: Integrated Infectious Disease Research
- SUNY Faculty Senate/Research Foundation for SUNY Sustainability Research Workshop
- Willow Biomass Energy and Alternative Applications
CNY Business Journal: Syracuse to host 2017 World Canals Conference
ESF will host the 2017 World Canals Conference, which is expected to draw international delegations to Syracuse. 10/7/16 READ MORE
TWC Going Green: Going Green: American, Indian Foresters Share Similar Goal
This week's Going Green features a recent cultural and educational exchange between the ESF Ranger School and a delegation of foresters from India. 10/16/16 READ MORE
ESF was one of several organizations celebrating field science's role in society at an Organization of Biological Field Stations (OBFS) event in New York City Oct. 6.
US EPA: EPA Announces Microplastics and Citizen Science Workshop
The EPA announced the upcoming Microplastics and Citizen Science Workshop that will be held here at ESF next week 10/6/16 READ MORE
CNY Central: Good News: $18,000 raised for women's heart disease, 4 female scientists honored
The upcoming Feinstone Awards will recognize four women of science for their contributions to environmental science. 9/24/16 READ MORE
Caleb Rudge, a 2016 ESF graduate, will begin his Peace Corps service this month as he heads to Paraguay to begin training as an environmental development volunteer. Rudge will live and work in a community to spearhead local conservation efforts and build a sustainable environment.
"Restoring the Giant Tortoise Dynasties of Galapagos" will be the topic of the Dale L. Travis Public Lecture Series 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 18, at the Gateway Center on the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) campus.