Professional Education and Non-Credit Programs
We invite you to learn more about ESF’s professional education programs, including regional, state-wide, national and international contract trainings, seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Advanced Manufacturing of Thermal and Environmental Controls
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Bioprocessing
- New York State Biotechnology Symposium
- New York State Green Building Conference
- Radiation Curing Program [RCP]
- SUNY SPARE- Solar Power As Renewable Energy Basic and Commercial Courses
- 14th Upstate New York NMR Conference and Structural Biology Symposium
- American Chestnut Foundation NYS Chapter Annual Meeting
- Divestment 2016: Setting a Path for a "Just Transition"
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) and Principles of Engineering (PE) Licensure Exam Review Course
- Kiln Drying Workshop
- NE-1333 Chestnut Meeting
- Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium
- NYFOA Symposium "The Future of New York Forests at Risk- Working Toward a Comprehensive Solution"
- Onondaga Lake Research Forum
- SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines - Depolarizing the Environment: Thinking Broadly About Science, Policy, and Politics
- SUNY Energy, Environment, Education, and Economics (4E) Network of Excellence Fall Charette
- Sustainable Use of Renewable Energy (SURE)
- Voices From Maple Nation: Indigenous Women's Climate Summit
- Professional Certification / Licensure
Archived Past Events
- American Ecological Engineering Society Meeting: Coupling Natural and Human Systems
- Green Infrastructure Symposium
- International Phytotechnologies Conference
- Likelihood and Bayesian Approaches to Data Analysis Workshop
- National Climate Assessment Northeast Regional Town Hall
- Short Rotation Woody Crops Operations Working Group Conference
- SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines – Resiliency of the Great Lakes to Climate & Storms
- SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines - From Lab to Landscape: Integrated Infectious Disease Research
- SUNY Faculty Senate/Research Foundation for SUNY Sustainability Research Workshop
- Willow Biomass Energy and Alternative Applications
Syracuse.com: Nottingham High School Students Win Award at 2017 SUNY ESF Environmental Summit
Syracuse.com reports on students who won awards at the 2017 ESF Environmental Summit. 6/16/17 READ MORE
Oswego County Today: G. Ray Bodley Student Wins Award At SUNY-ESF Environmental Summit
Oswego County Today reports on the recent 2017 ESF Environmental Summit. 6/9/17 READ MORE
Sun Community News: Schroon Lake kindergarteners have hoot with owl pellets
ESF collaborated with Schroon Lake Central to bring environmental education workshops to kids. 5/12/17 READ MORE
The Philosophers' Camp, an annual collaboration between the College of Environmental Science and Forestry's (ESF) Northern Forest Institute and St. John's College of Santa Fe, New Mexico, reimagines the original Adirondack excursion as a weekend retreat in elegant Great Camp style at the historic Masten House. It will be held Sept. 29 to Oct. 1.
One Page News: 850 students participate in SUNY ESF science fair
One News Page reports on the 2017 ESF Environmental Challenge science fair, held last weekend at the Carrier Dome. 5/23/17 READ MORE
Martin Hogue, visiting associate professor at the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), received the 2017 ESF College Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching.
Dr. John Farrell, a professor in ESF's Department of Environmental and Forest Biology (EFB) was named the College's Exemplary Researcher for 2017-18.