CNY's Response to Global Energy and
Climate Change Challenges: Is It Sustainable?
Thursday, October 16, 2008 - Agenda in Action
Session Time: 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Location: Oncenter Complex, Syracuse, NY (Meeting Rooms 4 - 6)
This seminar will wrap-up the series and address what can be done to sustainably respond to global energy and climate change challenges. This last seminar focuses on leadership and strategies for moving forward action agendas for climate change mitigation and adaption appropriate for the CNY region.
Program Chair: Richard Smardon, Ph.D., Professor, Environmental Studies, SUNY-ESF
Moderator: Dave Eichorn, Meteorologist, News Channel 9
11:15 am: Registration and Light Lunch
11:45 pm: Panelist Presentations
1:00: Discussion and Q & A
1:30: Program End
- Joe Barry, Sustainability Consultant, City of Syracuse
- Ed Bogucz, Executive Director, Syracuse Center of Excellence
- Lori Dietz, Assistant to the President, Metropolitan Development Association
- William Emm, Chief Financial Officer, Onondaga Community College
- Sue Miller, Deputy Director, Lake Improvement Project, Onondaga County
- Thomas Rhoads, Executive Director, Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency
October 16th Presentations:
This program is sponsored in part by a Regional Economic Transformation Through Energy and Environmental Systems Grant from the New York State Department of Labor.