CNY's Response to Global Energy and
Climate Change Challenges: Is It Sustainable?
Thursday, April 30, 2008 - Municipalities
This program was first held as part of Accelerate 2008 at the Oncenter.
Session Times: 1:45 - 3:00 pm and 3:45 - 5:00 pm
Location: Oncenter Complex, Syracuse, NY
This seminar series was first held as part of Accelerate 2008 in Syracuse on April 30th which included key presentations on Tompkins County GHG Action Plan and what is happening within the municipalities for Auburn, Rochester, and Syracuse.
Moderator: Richard Smardon, Ph.D., Professor, Environmental Studies, SUNY-ESF
1:45 – 3:00pm - County and Statewide Actions
- Richard Smardon, Ph.D., Professor, Environmental Studies, SUNY-ESF “California’s Actions to Address Climate Change”
- Ravi Raman, President, RAM-TECH Engineers, P.C.; Chair, County Energy Advisory Committee “Onondaga County Programs”
- Gay Nicholson, Ph.D., Program Coordinator, Sustainable Tompkins; Community Coordinator, Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County EnergySmart
Discussion and Q&A at the state and regional level
3:45 – 5:00pm - A Look at CNY Municipal Programs (with representatives from Auburn, Rochester, and Syracuse)
- Paul Thompson, NYSERDA Energy Smart CNY Program “Syracuse’s efforts to date”
- Norman Jones, Manager of Building Services, Rochester Bureau of Operations “The Rochester Green Team and efforts to date”
- Michael Long, Director of Capital Projects and Grants Engineering Superintendent, City of Auburn “Auburn’s energy projects to date”
April 30th Presentations:
- Richard Smardon - PDF
- Ravi Raman - PDF
- Gay Nicholson - PDF
- Paul Thompson - PDF
- Norman Jones - PDF
- Michael Long - PDF
This program is sponsored in part by a Regional Economic Transformation Through Energy and Environmental Systems Grant from the New York State Department of Labor.