Created Wetland Primer
A Workshop with Don Ferlow on the SUNY-ESF campus on Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Sponsored by SUNY-ESF in partnership with the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA).
Registration fee includes a light breakfast, lunch and break.
- Pay ONLINE with Visa or Mastercard (no American Express). Your registration will be processed immediately and securely when you pay online.
(Printable, mail-in version — Word, PDF)
The Created Wetland Primer workshop will review site design approaches for the successful creation of freshwater wetlands. Six Learning Units (LUs) will be issues to Landscape Architects who attend the workshop for their New York State License.
Agenda for Wednesday, November 5 in Room 110, Moon Library on the SUNY-ESF campus
|Time||Topic and presenter(s)|
|8:30 - 9:00 am||
Welcome from ESF and Introduction Course, Maureen Wakefield, ESF Outreach and Don Ferlow, Landscape Architecture, SUNY-ESF
|9:00 - 10:00 am||
|10:00 - 11:00 am||
|11:00- 12:00 pm||
|12:00- 1:00 pm||Lunch|
|1:00 - 2:00 pm||
|2:00 - 3:00 pm||
|3:00 - 3:30 pm||Overview of day's course and wrap up|
Course topics include:
- Concepts for created wetland design forms
- Use of hydric (wetland) or upland soils
- Focus on site specific or general watershed hydrology
- Working with surface water, ground water, or both water sources
- Prime vegetation habitats for successful created wetlands
- Plant material selection and installation practices
- Seeding, planting, or incorporation of both practices
- Potential for impact from invasive plants
- Considering impacts from browsers and possible controls
- Wetland edges, use of hard or soft materials
- Water level control structures for different systems
- Importance of time for judging wetland success
- Design concepts applied in wetland case studies
Our Sign in and payment Policy
We welcome your participation at Outreach events. Pre-registered, pre-paid registrants are asked to sign in to receive a name badge and handouts.
- Balance due? Please be prepared to make your payment at sign in. We will accept a check, payable to SUNY Research Foundation, VISA or MasterCard.
- Using a Purchase Order or Voucher? Please provide the PO/Voucher number as well as a credit card number. If payment is not received within 30 days after the event, your credit card will be charged the appropriate fee.
- Not pre-registered? Please bring a completed registration form with your payment (check, VISA or Mastercard) to the onsite registration desk.