Biotechnology Symposium: Opening the Biotechnology Toolbox
May 15-16, 2014
SUNY-ESF Gateway Center, Syracuse, NY
Thank you to everyone who submitted an abstract for this year's symposium. Notification of acceptance has occurred!
- We are still accepting abstracts for posters!
This year’s event has a theme of “Opening the Biotechnology Toolbox” and will feature plenary presentations on:
- Biotechnology Development in New York;
- Core facilities in New York;
- Resources for growth in New York;
- Bridges between Academia & Industry; and
- Public Perception of Biotechnology.
The Symposium will also include sessions on Biofuels & Bioproducts, Nanotechnology, The Original Biotechnology: Brewing, Bioremediation, The Hill Collaboration on Environmental Medicine, Projects at New York Biotechnology Centers, Biosimilars, and Agricultural Biotechnology.
This symposium fosters the exchange of ideas among industry representatives and scientists, academics, students, and other professionals interested in biotechnology; and works to develop synergies and relationships that further advance the field. It has a history of convening the region’s most promising and innovative biotechnology companies and experts, both as speakers and participants, and promises to be the largest and most exciting yet.
The mission of the Biotechnology Symposium is to bring together industry representatives and scientists, academics and students, and other professionals interested in biotechnology in order to develop synergies and relationships that further advance the field.
This event is hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry.
Thank you to our 2013 sponsors and exhibitors:
- BioSpherix, Ltd.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Shimadzu Scientific Instruments
- Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC
- The Clean Tech Center
- New York State Science & Technology Law Center
- EMD Millipore Corporation
- Syracuse University Office of Research
- SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Cornell University Center of Advanced Technology
- Syracuse Center of Excellence
- BioTek Instruments
- Krackeler Scientific
- Kinesis, Inc.
- Tosoh Bioscience, LLC
- EMD Millipore
- Waters Corporation