Projects & Initiatives
We invite you to learn more about ESF’s collaborative projects and initiatives with on- and off-campus partners.
- STEM Mentor
- Thermal and Environmental Central Systems Cluster Accelerator(funded through the Advanced Manufacturing Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge)
Radiation Curing Program [RCP] (funded by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant).
- Forest Structural Sustainability Calculator Dr. John Castello
- From Farm and Forest to Fuel: An Integrative and Experiential Approach to Bioenergy Education and Outreach (A project funded by a USDA Higher Education Challenge Grant).
- Global Climate Change Education Project (funded by a NASA Global Climate Change Education grant)
- Developing New York’s Green Infrastructure (funded by a U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Area State & Private Forestry, Urban and Community Forestry Program)
- The SAGE Project (Sustainability And Green Entrepreneurship Project)
- ESF Science Corps
ESF will award 156 degrees, including 48 master's degrees and 14 Doctor of Philosophy degrees, during the 2016 December Commencement 2 p.m. Dec. 9 at Hendricks Chapel.
Biomimicry - connecting nature's designs to human needs - is the focus of two days of workshops and discussions at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
CNY Business Journal: Syracuse to host 2017 World Canals Conference
ESF will host the 2017 World Canals Conference, which is expected to draw international delegations to Syracuse. 10/7/16 READ MORE
TWC Going Green: Going Green: American, Indian Foresters Share Similar Goal
This week's Going Green features a recent cultural and educational exchange between the ESF Ranger School and a delegation of foresters from India. 10/16/16 READ MORE
ESF was one of several organizations celebrating field science's role in society at an Organization of Biological Field Stations (OBFS) event in New York City Oct. 6.
US EPA: EPA Announces Microplastics and Citizen Science Workshop
The EPA announced the upcoming Microplastics and Citizen Science Workshop that will be held here at ESF next week 10/6/16 READ MORE
CNY Central: Good News: $18,000 raised for women's heart disease, 4 female scientists honored
The upcoming Feinstone Awards will recognize four women of science for their contributions to environmental science. 9/24/16 READ MORE
View the complete blog
Upcoming Outreach Events