Projects & Initiatives
We invite you to learn more about ESF’s collaborative projects and initiatives with on- and off-campus partners.
- STEM Mentor
- Thermal and Environmental Central Systems Cluster Accelerator(funded through the Advanced Manufacturing Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge)
Radiation Curing Program [RCP] (funded by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant).
- Forest Structural Sustainability Calculator Dr. John Castello
- From Farm and Forest to Fuel: An Integrative and Experiential Approach to Bioenergy Education and Outreach (A project funded by a USDA Higher Education Challenge Grant).
- Global Climate Change Education Project (funded by a NASA Global Climate Change Education grant)
- Developing New York’s Green Infrastructure (funded by a U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Area State & Private Forestry, Urban and Community Forestry Program)
- The SAGE Project (Sustainability And Green Entrepreneurship Project)
- ESF Science Corps
CNY Central: Good News: $18,000 raised for women's heart disease, 4 female scientists honored
The upcoming Feinstone Awards will recognize four women of science for their contributions to environmental science. 9/24/16 READ MORE
Caleb Rudge, a 2016 ESF graduate, will begin his Peace Corps service this month as he heads to Paraguay to begin training as an environmental development volunteer. Rudge will live and work in a community to spearhead local conservation efforts and build a sustainable environment.
"Restoring the Giant Tortoise Dynasties of Galapagos" will be the topic of the Dale L. Travis Public Lecture Series 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 18, at the Gateway Center on the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) campus.
Twenty high school students from New York City will spend a week at ESF this summer, immersing themselves in hands-on science.
Ink World Magazine: SUNY ESF Anounces Fall Radiation Curing Courses
Ink World reports on ESF's Fall 2016 Radiation Curing program offerings. 8/2/16 READ MORE
Syracuse.com: Tim Shaughnessy on leadership: Ask questions, be direct and decisive, get your hands dirty
ESF gets a mention in an article featuring educational/industry
Oswego County Today: Bodley Students to Teach About Environment
ESF's Global Environment course for high school students inspired a class to create lesson plans on
View the complete blog
Upcoming Outreach Events