View the complete blog
Upcoming Outreach Events
Conversations in the Disciplines: Depolarizing the Environment.
Friday, February 13, 2015, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. SUNY-ESF Campus, Gateway Center. Event Website
ESF in the HS Campus Student Visit
Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 9:00 am - 1:30 pm. Gateway Center.
- More Outreach News
SUNY-ESF to Host SUNY Conversation in the Disciplines
On Feb. 13, ESF will hold a Conversation in the Disciplines event titled "Depolarizing the Environment: Thinking Broadly About Science, Policy and Politics." Join us for a thought-provoking discussion on how the science of the environment can be better engaged with the political and social realms we inhabit, and how to foster a culture of intellectual openness at the difficult interface of environment, politics, culture and science. READ MORE
3D Printing Industry covers new ESF short course on UV curing for 3D printing
(The course will include information on the chemistry of the process, and ways to maximize the quality of the finished product. 1/7/15) READ MORE
Daily Orange: ESF offers short course for UV Curing in 3D Printing
(Useful for people who work with 3D printing or modeling, this course on UV curing provides information on working with polymers that can remain pliable until set using UV exposure. 1/14/15) READ MORE
Projects & Initiatives
We invite you to learn more about ESF’s collaborative projects and initiatives with on- and off-campus partners.
- STEM Mentor
- Thermal and Environmental Central Systems Cluster Accelerator(funded through the Advanced Manufacturing Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge)
Radiation Curing Program [RCP] (funded by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant).
- Forest Structural Sustainability Calculator Dr. John Castello
- From Farm and Forest to Fuel: An Integrative and Experiential Approach to Bioenergy Education and Outreach (A project funded by a USDA Higher Education Challenge Grant).
- Global Climate Change Education Project (funded by a NASA Global Climate Change Education grant)
- Developing New York’s Green Infrastructure (funded by a U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Area State & Private Forestry, Urban and Community Forestry Program)
- The SAGE Project (Sustainability And Green Entrepreneurship Project)
- ESF Science Corps