View the complete blog
Upcoming Outreach Events
ESF in the HS Campus Student Visit
Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 9:00 am - 1:30 pm. Gateway Center.
Dr. M. Todd Walter, "A trickle of water running through some dirt" - Ecohydrology and nutrient biogeochemistry
Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm. 110 Moon Library. Cornell Soil and Water Lab
13th Annual New York State Green Building Conference
Thursday, March 12, 2015, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Holiday Inn Syracuse-Liverpool, NY. Event Website
- More Outreach News
Two Photovoltaic Installation Courses Respond to Ongoing Demand
Responding to strong demand from around the U.S., both the SPARE Basic and SPARE Commercial courses will be offered this spring. In the four-day Basic course, participants learn to site, design, and install photovoltaic systems while gaining hands-on experience. Additionally, the one-day Commercial course tackles the complex issues of commercial photovoltaic installations. READ MORE
New Workshop Added to 2015 NYS Green Building Conference
A pre-conference Department of Energy Zero Energy Ready Home training has been added to the 2015 New York State Green Building Conference. Lead by Sam Rashkin, Chief Architect for the Department of Energy Building Technologies Office, and Kevin Stack, CEO at Northeast Natural Homes, Inc, this seminar will provide you a comprehensive review of zero energy ready home construction including the business case, detailed specifications, and opportunities to be recognized as an industry leader. READ MORE
Plattsburgh Press Republican: Tree programs offered at state farm show
(ESF's connection to beneficial programs for landowners was acknowledged in a brief on land management workshops for land owners. 1/31/15) READ MORE
Projects & Initiatives
We invite you to learn more about ESF’s collaborative projects and initiatives with on- and off-campus partners.
- STEM Mentor
- Thermal and Environmental Central Systems Cluster Accelerator(funded through the Advanced Manufacturing Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge)
Radiation Curing Program [RCP] (funded by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant).
- Forest Structural Sustainability Calculator Dr. John Castello
- From Farm and Forest to Fuel: An Integrative and Experiential Approach to Bioenergy Education and Outreach (A project funded by a USDA Higher Education Challenge Grant).
- Global Climate Change Education Project (funded by a NASA Global Climate Change Education grant)
- Developing New York’s Green Infrastructure (funded by a U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Area State & Private Forestry, Urban and Community Forestry Program)
- The SAGE Project (Sustainability And Green Entrepreneurship Project)
- ESF Science Corps