View the complete blog
Upcoming Outreach Events
Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium & National Outdoor Recreation Conference
April 12 - 16, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Loews Annapolis Hotel, Annapolis, MD. Event Website
Large 48" Paper Machine Run 1
Wednesday, April 15, 2015, Walters Hall Pilot Plant.
- More Outreach News
Tom Amidon is TACNY College Technology Educator of the Year
("Dr. Tom Amidon received the Technology Alliance of Central New York's 2015 College Technology Educator of the Year award at the TACNY awards banquet on Monday, March 23rd." 3/24/15) READ MORE
Skaneateles Journal: Orenda Springs seeks Marcellus Central School District's support in opening charter school
(The school would partner with ESF and other local organizations and businesses to provide educational opportunities. 3/24/15) READ MORE
Skaneateles Journal: Skaneateles High School Environmental Club to host biotechnologist William Powell
(Bill Powell will talk on the American Chestnut Project in Skaneateles tonight. 3/25/15) READ MORE
ESF researcher uses radiation curing to create bulletproof coating
(Mark Driscoll of ESF's Radiation Curing Program and some of his students have used UV curing to apply a bulletproof coating to objects. 3/12/15) READ MORE
Lake Placid News: Woman’s love of outdoors honored by scholarship
(The Adirondack Mountain Club and loved ones have established a youth outdoorsmanship scholarship in memory of ESF alumna Maegan Spindler Jones. 3/10/15) READ MORE
Projects & Initiatives
We invite you to learn more about ESF’s collaborative projects and initiatives with on- and off-campus partners.
- STEM Mentor
- Thermal and Environmental Central Systems Cluster Accelerator(funded through the Advanced Manufacturing Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge)
Radiation Curing Program [RCP] (funded by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant).
- Forest Structural Sustainability Calculator Dr. John Castello
- From Farm and Forest to Fuel: An Integrative and Experiential Approach to Bioenergy Education and Outreach (A project funded by a USDA Higher Education Challenge Grant).
- Global Climate Change Education Project (funded by a NASA Global Climate Change Education grant)
- Developing New York’s Green Infrastructure (funded by a U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Area State & Private Forestry, Urban and Community Forestry Program)
- The SAGE Project (Sustainability And Green Entrepreneurship Project)
- ESF Science Corps