Projects & Initiatives
We invite you to learn more about ESF’s collaborative projects and initiatives with on- and off-campus partners.
- STEM Mentor
- Thermal and Environmental Central Systems Cluster Accelerator(funded through the Advanced Manufacturing Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge)
Radiation Curing Program [RCP] (funded by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant).
- Forest Structural Sustainability Calculator Dr. John Castello
- From Farm and Forest to Fuel: An Integrative and Experiential Approach to Bioenergy Education and Outreach (A project funded by a USDA Higher Education Challenge Grant).
- Global Climate Change Education Project (funded by a NASA Global Climate Change Education grant)
- Developing New York’s Green Infrastructure (funded by a U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Area State & Private Forestry, Urban and Community Forestry Program)
- The SAGE Project (Sustainability And Green Entrepreneurship Project)
- ESF Science Corps
Twenty high school students from New York City will spend a week at ESF this summer, immersing themselves in hands-on science.
Ink World Magazine: SUNY ESF Anounces Fall Radiation Curing Courses
Ink World reports on ESF's Fall 2016 Radiation Curing program offerings. 8/2/16 READ MORE
Syracuse.com: Tim Shaughnessy on leadership: Ask questions, be direct and decisive, get your hands dirty
ESF gets a mention in an article featuring educational/industry
Oswego County Today: Bodley Students to Teach About Environment
ESF's Global Environment course for high school students inspired a class to create lesson plans on
The Adirondack Interpretive Center (AIC) at ESF's Newcomb Campus celebrates summer with its first Northern Forest Festival that includes the 5th annual rubber loon race July 16.
SU News: SU-ESF Faculty Win EPA Grant to Advance Appreciation for Onondaga Lake
The project will draw on both scientific and Native American knowledge and traditions to advance students' understanding of the local ecosystem and its role in regional history and culture. 6/21/16 READ MORE
Get Real Science: Getting excited about science!
Area high school students collaborated with ESF and Earth Works on
View the complete blog
Upcoming Outreach Events
Suicide Prevention Tabling
Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm. Gateway Center.
Talk: Dr. Fengshi Wu, "Democratic Transition and Environmental Governance"
Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm. Marshal 213.
Detecting Microplastics in Waterways with Citizen Science
Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm. ESF Gateway Center.