Projects & Initiatives
We invite you to learn more about ESF’s collaborative projects and initiatives with on- and off-campus partners.
- STEM Mentor
- Thermal and Environmental Central Systems Cluster Accelerator(funded through the Advanced Manufacturing Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge)
Radiation Curing Program [RCP] (funded by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant).
- Forest Structural Sustainability Calculator Dr. John Castello
- From Farm and Forest to Fuel: An Integrative and Experiential Approach to Bioenergy Education and Outreach (A project funded by a USDA Higher Education Challenge Grant).
- Global Climate Change Education Project (funded by a NASA Global Climate Change Education grant)
- Developing New York’s Green Infrastructure (funded by a U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Area State & Private Forestry, Urban and Community Forestry Program)
- The SAGE Project (Sustainability And Green Entrepreneurship Project)
- ESF Science Corps
Daily Orange: Earth Day panel members discuss path toward environmental justice
The Daily Orange reported on Friday's Earth Day Moonlighting event. 4/24/16 READ MORE
Syracuse.com: On climate: We owe our children the right to livable future
Dr. Robin Kimmerer authors an Earth Day piece on our responsibility to future generations to protect the world they'll live in. 4/22/16 READ MORE
Syracuse.com: Earth Day events in Central NY: Litter cleanup, Barefoot College talk, energy tour
ESF events are included in the Post-Standard roundup of Earth Day activities. 4/22/16 READ MORE
Syracuse.com: Barefoot College founder to speak in Syracuse on Earth Day
The internationally renowned founder of the Barefoot College will be one of the speakers at the Spring 2016 Moonlighting event. 4/20/16 READ MORE
Ian Shapiro was honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year during the 2016 New York State Green Building Conference held in Syracuse in April.
The Central New York community has a second opportunity - on Earth Day - to see local wildlife photographers' stunning images of migratory birds taken along the Onondaga Lake shoreline. An exhibit titled "Onondaga Lake: An Important Stop for Birds on an Impressive Journey" will be on display 6 to 7 p.m. Friday, April 22, at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry.
Student Publishes on U.S.-China Clean Energy Collaboration
Xiaoliang Yang, a Ph.D. candidate who is studying environmental and natural resources policy at ESF, is the author of a newly published working paper by the World Resources Institute of Washington, D.C. Titled "U.S.- China Clean Energy Collaboration: Lessons from the Advanced Coal Technology Consortium," the report summarizes results of a survey of project leaders and core researchers in the Clean Energy Research Center, a collaborative effort co-sponsored by the U. S. Department of Energy and China's Ministry of Science and Technology. READ MORE
View the complete blog
Upcoming Outreach Events
ESFHS Teacher Professional Development Day
Friday, May 20, 2016, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm. Event Space, Gateway Center.