Projects & Initiatives
We invite you to learn more about ESF’s collaborative projects and initiatives with on- and off-campus partners.
- STEM Mentor
- Thermal and Environmental Central Systems Cluster Accelerator(funded through the Advanced Manufacturing Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge)
Radiation Curing Program [RCP] (funded by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant).
- Forest Structural Sustainability Calculator Dr. John Castello
- From Farm and Forest to Fuel: An Integrative and Experiential Approach to Bioenergy Education and Outreach (A project funded by a USDA Higher Education Challenge Grant).
- Global Climate Change Education Project (funded by a NASA Global Climate Change Education grant)
- Developing New York’s Green Infrastructure (funded by a U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Area State & Private Forestry, Urban and Community Forestry Program)
- The SAGE Project (Sustainability And Green Entrepreneurship Project)
- ESF Science Corps
Oswego County Today: Bodley Students to Teach About Environment
ESF's Global Environment course for high school students inspired a class to create lesson plans on
The Adirondack Interpretive Center (AIC) at ESF's Newcomb Campus celebrates summer with its first Northern Forest Festival that includes the 5th annual rubber loon race July 16.
SU News: SU-ESF Faculty Win EPA Grant to Advance Appreciation for Onondaga Lake
The project will draw on both scientific and Native American knowledge and traditions to advance students' understanding of the local ecosystem and its role in regional history and culture. 6/21/16 READ MORE
Get Real Science: Getting excited about science!
Area high school students collaborated with ESF and Earth Works on
Oswego County Today: Global Environment class has its day at ESF
Bodley High School's school newsletter reported on their participation in the Environmental Summit with ESF and other area schools. 6/6/16 READ MORE
Dr. Stephen Stehman, a professor in ESF's Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management was named the college's Exemplary Researcher for 2016-17.
Peter LeDuc didn't come to ESF to become a teacher, but it is where he found his calling to educate the next generation.
View the complete blog
Upcoming Outreach Events
Certified Production Technician Training: Green Production Module
July 25 - August 12, Online Webinars with an Assessment Test at Onondaga Community College. Event Website