Projects & Initiatives
We invite you to learn more about ESF’s collaborative projects and initiatives with on- and off-campus partners.
- STEM Mentor
- Thermal and Environmental Central Systems Cluster Accelerator(funded through the Advanced Manufacturing Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge)
Radiation Curing Program [RCP] (funded by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant).
- Forest Structural Sustainability Calculator Dr. John Castello
- From Farm and Forest to Fuel: An Integrative and Experiential Approach to Bioenergy Education and Outreach (A project funded by a USDA Higher Education Challenge Grant).
- Global Climate Change Education Project (funded by a NASA Global Climate Change Education grant)
- Developing New York’s Green Infrastructure (funded by a U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Area State & Private Forestry, Urban and Community Forestry Program)
- The SAGE Project (Sustainability And Green Entrepreneurship Project)
- ESF Science Corps
One Page News: 850 students participate in SUNY ESF science fair
One News Page reports on the 2017 ESF Environmental Challenge science fair, held last weekend at the Carrier Dome. 5/23/17 READ MORE
Martin Hogue, visiting associate professor at the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), received the 2017 ESF College Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching.
Dr. John Farrell, a professor in ESF's Department of Environmental and Forest Biology (EFB) was named the College's Exemplary Researcher for 2017-18.
Six employees of the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were honored by Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher for their service to the State University of New York (SUNY).
More than 600 students from the Syracuse City School District (SCSD) will participate in the College of Environmental Science and Forestry's (ESF) Environmental Challenge science fair Tuesday, May 23.
Dr. Nosa Egiebor, who most recently served as chief international officer and professor of chemical engineering at the University of Mississippi in Oxford, Mississippi, joins ESF as provost and executive vice president.
Cultural and natural sustainability come together in a weeklong program for youth at the Adirondack Interpretive Center in Newcomb, New York.
View the complete blog
Upcoming Outreach Events