View the complete blog
Upcoming Outreach Events
13th Annual New York State Green Building Conference
Thursday, March 12, 2015, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Holiday Inn Syracuse-Liverpool, NY. Event Website
- More Outreach News
New York State Green Building Conference Announces New Partnership
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has joined ESF and the Syracuse Center of Excellence as a partner for the 2015 Green Building Conference. Rick Fedrizzi, CEO of the U.S. Green Building Council, will host a plenary session during this year's conference. Fedrizzi and his USGBC colleagues were awarded the United Nations Champion of the Earth award in November for their Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification program. READ MORE
Radiation Curing Program Earns Recognition
The Continuing Education Association of New York has recognized ESF and its partner, RadTech International North America, with the James C. Hall Exemplary Program Award for the Radiation Curing Program.
The Radiation Curing Program's online courses serve practicing professionals, upper-level undergraduate students, and graduate students in the science and technology of energy curing.
"The Radiation Curing Program is innovative and successful with a national and perhaps international reach," said Jill Pippin, CEANY Awards and Resolutions Committee co-chair. "With its close tie to business, especially in high-growth sectors, and its friendly online approach, this program epitomizes the spirit of continuing education and has been normally recognized by colleagues across New York State." READ MORE
Biotechnology Symposium Builds New Partnerships
In addition to collaboration with the Brookhaven National Laboratory, the Research Foundation for the State University of New York will partner with ESF to advance the 2015 New York State Biotechnology Symposium.
The symposium has been held annually in Central New York with speakers and workshop leaders from around the United States. Now in its seventh year, the symposium has a new name, stronger partnerships, and a new location at Brookhaven National Laboratory's Long Island campus. These advancements reflect a shared commitment to serve our state's various biotechnology education, research, development and business communities. READ MORE
Projects & Initiatives
We invite you to learn more about ESF’s collaborative projects and initiatives with on- and off-campus partners.
- STEM Mentor
- Thermal and Environmental Central Systems Cluster Accelerator(funded through the Advanced Manufacturing Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge)
Radiation Curing Program [RCP] (funded by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant).
- Forest Structural Sustainability Calculator Dr. John Castello
- From Farm and Forest to Fuel: An Integrative and Experiential Approach to Bioenergy Education and Outreach (A project funded by a USDA Higher Education Challenge Grant).
- Global Climate Change Education Project (funded by a NASA Global Climate Change Education grant)
- Developing New York’s Green Infrastructure (funded by a U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Area State & Private Forestry, Urban and Community Forestry Program)
- The SAGE Project (Sustainability And Green Entrepreneurship Project)
- ESF Science Corps