Projects & Initiatives
We invite you to learn more about ESF’s collaborative projects and initiatives with on- and off-campus partners.
- STEM Mentor
- Thermal and Environmental Central Systems Cluster Accelerator(funded through the Advanced Manufacturing Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge)
Radiation Curing Program [RCP] (funded by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant).
- Forest Structural Sustainability Calculator Dr. John Castello
- From Farm and Forest to Fuel: An Integrative and Experiential Approach to Bioenergy Education and Outreach (A project funded by a USDA Higher Education Challenge Grant).
- Global Climate Change Education Project (funded by a NASA Global Climate Change Education grant)
- Developing New York’s Green Infrastructure (funded by a U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Area State & Private Forestry, Urban and Community Forestry Program)
- The SAGE Project (Sustainability And Green Entrepreneurship Project)
- ESF Science Corps
More than 150 leaders from throughout The State University of New York system convened at the College of Environmental Science and Forestry today (Oct. 10) for a daylong summit focused on defining opportunities for sustainability partnerships and sparking new ideas for advancing sustainability throughout the SUNY network.
The work of artist Emma Percy will be exhibited on the ESF campus as part of Alumni and Family Weekend.
ESF is part of a statewide collaboration on a sustainable village and learning community in Haiti that will provide resources and services for the town of Arcahaie.
"The whole process of making paper from start to finish is entrancing in a way. It seems to be one of the most environmentally friendly art-making processes," said Emma Percy, this year's artist in residence at the Adirondack Interpretive Center (AIC) in Newcomb, New York. "You're using plant materials and water and not much else."
ESF continues to rank among the top universities in America, according to U.S. News & World Report.
The Drive and Shine Expo returns to downtown Syracuse Sept. 10 with the College of Environmental Science and Forestry co-sponsoring the event.
WWNY TV: An Outdoor Adventure On Fort Drum
ESF was one of the supporters of the 2017 Fort Drum Annual Outdoor Adventure Day. 8/20/17 READ MORE