Registration, Fees & Billing
Radiation Curing Program | RCP
Participate in one or more courses simultaneously as you pursue the following options:
- Option One: Non-credit / Professional Development
- Option Two: Credit
- Option Three: Advanced Certificate in Radiation Curing
- Option Four: Eligible Training Provider List
Option One: Non-credit / Professional Development
- $1,296/course (NYS or out-of-state resident)
- $295/ Principles of Energy Curing Technologies ONLY (NYS or out-of-state resident)
A grade will not be awarded. Participants receive a certificate of participation at the close of the course.
Credit card payment is due upon registration, unless prior arrangements are made.
- Free one year individual RadTech membership
- Please contact Gary Cohen, RadTech Executive Director, for more detail
- RadTech International North America members receive a 10% discount on non-credit option with promotional code: rtmember
- Group Discount: Three or more non-credit participants from the same organization will receive a 20% discount per person, per course.
Must be submitted by email. Full refunds will be given up to 30 days prior to the start of the program. Due to program demand and pre-program preparations, cancellations received 29-11 days prior to the start of the program are subject to a fee of 10% of the program cost. Cancellations received within 10 days prior to the start of the program and no-shows are subject to the full program cost. Cancellation fees are based upon the date the request is received.
- New York State resident: $1,296*/course
Transcript fee: $5.00
- Out-of-state resident: $2,523*/course
Transcript fee: $5.00
* Please note that tuition costs referenced here are based on currently published rates and are subject to change: www.esf.edu/bursar/costs.htm
Professionals, visiting graduate and undergraduate students, and others seeking preparation and advancement may register through the ESF Outreach Office. Complete the Visiting Student Registration Form and email as an attachment to Maura Stefl with the subject line: RCP Visiting Student Registration. (Current ESF students register through the ESF Registrar's office.)
Credit registration deadlines:
Please be aware of timelines for registration, and for adding and dropping courses. Courses with unique schedules like RCP courses have their own add and drop deadlines. Contact us for more details.
Prerequisite: At least one semester of organic chemistry or permission of instructor.
Billing - Graduate credit:
Upon registration, participants will be billed for tuition and fees for courses in which they are enrolled by the ESF Bursar. Payment can be made by cash, check, credit card, or monthly payment plan. Payment is due within 36 days of billing. If an employer is reimbursing an employee, tuition (not ESF student fees) will be deferred based on a signed promissory note from the employee issued by the Bursar's Office. Payment of the tuition will be due within one month of semester’s end, whether or not the participant has been reimbursed by their employer. All late payments will be subject to the normal student fees and collection processes. The monthly payment plan offers the opportunity to make 11 monthly payments with an application fee of $45.00. For a monthly payment plan application form or for further information regarding billing and reimbursement, please contact Kristen Golden in the Bursar's Office (315-470-6652). Bursars website: www.esf.edu/bursar.
Additional information is provided in the Visiting Student Guide to ESF Courses.
Free one year individual RadTech membership: Please contact Gary Cohen, RadTech Executive Director for more details
The Advanced Certificate in Radiation Curing is a graduate-level certificate program offered by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY-ESF), in partnership with RadTech International, North America and other partners. Certification is approved by the State University of New York (SUNY) and the New York State Education Department. This program provides a focused, advanced, practical education in radiation curing, and is designed with special consideration and support for professionals who work full-time or for students matriculated at other institutions. This Certificate was designed by industry leaders and ESF faculty and staff to provide:
- Graduate-level training/education that leads to a documented level of competency for practice; and
- A means for course and program participants to improve their competitive position in the employment marketplace.
You may earn 9 graduate credits through three courses, as well as a post-baccalaureate Certificate of Advanced Study (participants must complete all courses with a cumulative grade of 3.0 or better).
To qualify for the Advanced Certificate in Radiation Curing, participants must have completed all three RCP courses for credit. See prices listed under Option Two: Credit for current rates. There is no additional cost to apply for the Advanced Certificate.
- B.S. (or equivalent) from an accredited institution with at least one semester of organic chemistry or permission of the program chair.
Completed applications will be reviewed and considered on a continuous basis. The graduate application consists of:
- A completed SUNY-ESF graduate application form (the GRE is not required). An online application may be completed at https://wwwinfo.esf.edu/gradapp. Please note: The $60 application fee is currently waived.
- Official B.S. degree transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to the applicant’s suitability for certificate study and interest in advanced professional practice.
Will these courses apply to a Master's or Ph.D. degree?
You will earn graduate-level credit for each of the three courses you successfully complete. Successful completion of this certificate does not guarantee admission to a Master’s degree program. Courses required by the proposed certificate program may be applicable and transferable to graduate degree programs at ESF and Syracuse University. Transferability to graduate programs at these and other institutions is often highly individualized. As a result, inquiries about applying courses to various graduate programs should be explored with an appropriate graduate program representative.
- In each option, participants will have additional costs for books/course materials.
- SUNY-ESF reserves the right to change faculty or cancel programs at its discretion. In the unlikely event of program changes, the College is not responsible for planning expenses incurred.
- ESF matriculated students who wish to register for RCP courses should contact Howie Hollander.
The Radiation Curing Program is recognized as an approved course offering on the New York State Department of Labor Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL) by the Onondaga County Workforce Investment Board (WIB). The ETPL was established as a part of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998, by the United States Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration. The purpose of the ETPL is to align individual training needs with the needs of business by providing the individuals with a diverse selection of training options, established in the pursuit of additional employment opportunities. New York State residents, please contact your local WIB partner to determine eligibility. For Onondaga County residents, specifically, you may contact CNY Works at 315-473-8250, or visit 443 North Franklin Street, Lower Level, Syracuse, NY 13204.
For advising and program information, contact:
Dr. Thomas Amidon, Professor and Program Chair
Dr. Chuck Spuches, Associate Provost, Co-Chair
235 Gateway Center / 2nd Floor-south
1 Forestry Dr.
Syracuse, NY 13210
Phone: (315) 470-6817
Fax: (315) 470-6890
Radiation Curing Program