ESF Science Corps
- Water Quality Monitoring (Post Standard, 11/17/09) (PDF)
- 'GREENfoot' Takes On Climate Change (11/11/09)
- Project Greenfoot (WAER, 11/11/09)
- Students help clean up at Green Lakes (WSYR, 6/5/09)
- "Something Fishy" Brings Teens to Onondaga Lake (Post-Standard, 7/23/09) (PDF) [Photos from the event]
- Science Corps Fun at the New York State Fair (9/07)
- Outreach at Gander Mountain Sportsmen's Days (9/23/07)
- Enriching Enrichment Day for the Science Corps (7/25/07)
- Science Corps at Onondaga Lake Day (6/2/07)
- ESF Outreach Hosts Girls Summit 2007 (5/19/07)
- Montezuma Audubon Center Wildlife Festival (5/5/07)
- Women in Nature (4/21/07)
- Around Town With the Science Corps (Knothole, 11/2006)
The ESF Science Corps embodies SUNY ESF's Vision 2020: A Better World through Environmental Discovery. The Science Corps supports campus-based, in-school, workplace and field-based STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) learning and professional development experiences for middle and high school students and teachers, with a focus on sustainability. Established by a National Science Foundation grant in 2003, ESF undergraduate and graduate students, staff, alumni, faculty, and other volunteers comprise the Science Corps. Members are front line role models for students whose academic and career plans are emerging.
Current Science Corps efforts include ESF SCIENCE, The Science Corps Tutoring Program, and the Environmental Challenge science fair. The ESF Science Corps also contributes to the ESF in the High School program and has historically included the NSF GK12 project. Efforts are undertaken in partnership with urban, suburban and rural schools as well as numerous public, private and non-profit organizations. In addition, Science Corps members serve the greater Syracuse community through their involvement in a variety of environmental outreach and educational programs, such as outdoor festivals and K-12 events.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Science Corps or would like more information about the program, please contact Jacob O'Connell at (315) 470-6817 or e-mail email@example.com.