Registration and Fees
SPARESolar Power As Renewable Energy
Maximum enrollment limits have been established for all SPARE courses, so make sure you get into the classes you want before they fill. Please note that minimum enrollment limits are also established for SPARE, so don't wait too long to register or the courses you want may be cancelled due to low enrollment. (Cancellation decisions are typically made 7-10 days prior to the start of each course.)
4-day Basic Photovoltaic Installer Course
Registration and payment due by September 21, 2015.
October 5 - 8, 2015 at SUNY-ESF, Syracuse, NY
Approved for 24 hours of instruction and 21 PDH's for engineers. Completion of this course coupled with a passing grade on the NABCEP Entry Level exam will constitute 18 education hours towards NABCEP certification.
Schedule & Location
Class begins promptly at 9:00 AM daily and ends at 5:00 PM daily
- Days 1-3: SUNY-ESF, Room 240 of the Gateway Center, 1 Forestry Drive, Syracuse, NY 13210
- Check-in on first day begins at 8:30 AM
- Day 4: ETM Solar, 300 North Street, Endicott, NY 13760
- Transportation to and from ETM Solar is on your own. We encourage participants to carpool if at all possible.
Commercial Photovoltaic Installer Course
Upcoming courses will be announced soon.
Approved for 7 for hours of instruction and 7 PDH's for engineers.
NABCEP requires 58 hours of training to become certified as stated in the PV Installer Certification Eligibility Requirements document.
- Register Online
- Syllabus (PDF)
Schedule & Location
Class begins promptly at 8:30 AM daily and ends at 5:30 PM.
- Location: SUNY-ESF, Room 240 of the Gateway Center, 1 Forestry Drive, Syracuse, NY 13210
- Check-in begins at 8:00 AM
* Before taking this course, it is highly recommended that you take one of the 4-day introductory installer courses or have previous installer experience.
NABCEP Entry Level Exam
Ongoing registration. You must have taken the ESF Basic SPARE class.
Cost: $120 per person
Test is taken at a Prometrics test site of your choice using Computer Based Testing (CBT)
This is not the NABCEP exam for certification. It is a Certificate of Knowledge exam that is NOT required to become certified. This exam is offered to help you determine your level of knowledge and to practice taking a NABCEP exam. A passing score on this exam coupled with completion of the Basic SPARE class will provide you a maximum of 18 hours of prescribed hours to apply towards certification.
For more information on the Certification Exam and How To Apply, please visit NABCEP.org.
SPARE Financial Policy
Payment is due 2 weeks prior to the start of class.
Acceptable forms of payment are:
- Check, payable to the SUNY Research Foundation. Mail to:
- SUNY-ESF Outreach
1 Forestry Drive, 235 Gateway Center
Syracuse, NY 13210
- SUNY-ESF Outreach
- Credit Card: VISA or MasterCard
- Purchase Order or Voucher, along with a credit card number. If payment is not received within 30 days of the end of class, the registration fee will be charged to the credit card.
Registrations that are not paid at least 2 weeks prior to the class will be moved to a wait list and participants will be able to attend on a space available basis if they pay in full prior to the start of class.
Need to cancel your registration?
Cancellations must be made in writing to Katherina Searing, firstname.lastname@example.org, at least two weeks prior to the first day of class. Participants will be charged a $50.00 administrative fee. No refunds will be issued after that time. Cancellations will not be accepted by phone. Participant substitutions are allowed at any time.
What if ESF cancels the class?
SUNY-ESF Outreach reserves the right to cancel any classes that do not meet a minimum attendance number or for other events beyond our control. In that case, all participants will be fully refunded.
Need more information?