Willow Biomass Energy and Alternative Applications Short Course
POSTPONED--further details TBA
This short course will include beginner to intermediate presentations on willow crop production, harvest, utilization for heat and power, alternative applications and environmental benefits with several related tours around the SUNY ESF campus, and an optional harvest demonstration the following day.
Who Should Attend?
- Farmers and land owners interested in new crops and opportunities for sustainable land use
- Government and non-profit natural resource managers
- Renewable energy professionals
- Bioenergy specialists and enthusiasts
- Energy project developers
- Alternative agriculture and forestry specialists
- Individuals and companies interested in producing or utilizing willow
- Extension personnel
- Rural community leaders and policy makers
- Green business leaders, entrepreneurs and economic development staff
- University staff, students and faculty
- Other professional and individuals interested in these topics