Recommended Readings on the LSAT and Law Schools
Here are some books that past ESF students have recommended on the LSAT:
- Kaplan LSAT With CD-ROM by Simon and Schuster,
- Kaplan LSAT 180 by Simon and Schuster, and
- The Princeton Review Cracking the LSAT by Robinson and Blemel.
Here are some books that past ESF students have recommended on how to choose a law school:
- How to Get Into The Top Law Schools by Richard Montauk,
- The Princeton Review Complete Book of Law Schools by Eric Owens,
- The ABA/LSAC Official Guide to ABA-Approved Law Schools, by the LSAC and ABA,
- Inside the Law Schools: A Guide by Students for Students, edited by Carol-June Cassidy with S.F. Goldfarb.
Many of these books come out every year, so you should make sure you purchase the most recent editions. You can purchase them at Barnes and Noble, Borders Books, Amazon.com, etc.
In addition to these books, past ESF students have highly recommended the following article:
- "Advice for Getting into Law School," by Daniello Pinello. This article summarizes a discussion on Pre-law advising held on the American Political Science Association's Law and Courts listserv in 2003.
- "If Only I had Known Then..." by Elaine Bourne. Written by the Director of Career Services at Boston University School of Law.