Related Papers on Biomass Uncertainty
Please send suggestions for other resources (published papers and presentations) to email@example.com
- Bernier, P.Y.,G. Daigle, L.P. Rivest, C.H. Ung, F. Labbé, C. Bergeron and A. Patry. 2010. From plots to landscape: A k-NN-based method for estimating stand-level merchantable volume in the Province of Québec, Canada. The Forestry Chronicle 86(4):461-468. PDF
- Borders, B.E., W.M. Harrison, M.L. Clutter, B.D. Shiver, and R.A. Souter. 2008. The value of timber inventory information for management planning. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 38:2287-2294. PDF
Breidenbach, J., C. Antón-Fernandez, H. Petersson, R.E. McRoberts, R. Astrup. 2014. Quantifying the Model-Related Variability of Biomass Stock and Change Estimates in the Norwegian Natuional Forest inventory. Forest Science 60(1): 25-33 Abstract and links
- Chen, Q., G.V. Laurin, and R. Valentini. 2015. Uncertainty of remotely sensed aboveground biomass over an African tropical forest: Progating errors from trees to plots to pixels. Remote Sensing of Environment 160: 134-143 doi:10.1016/j.rse.2015.01.009
- Foster Brown, I., L.A Martinelli, W. Wayt Thomas, M.Z. Moreira, A.A. Cid Ferreira, R.A. Victoria. 1995. Uncertainty in the biomass of Amazonian forests: An example from Rondônia, Brazil. In Forest Ecology and Management 75: 175-189. dx.doi.org/10.1016/0378-1127(94)03512-U
- Chave, J., R. Condit, S. Aguilar, A. Hernanzez, S. Lao, and R. Perez. 2004. Error propagation and scaling for tropical forest biomass estimates. In Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci.
- Coulombe S., P.Y. Bernier, and F. Raulier. 2010. Uncertainty in detecting climate change impact on the projected yield of black spruce (Picea mariana). In Forest Ecology and Management.
Djomo A.N., A. Knohl, and G. Gravenhorst. 2011. Estimations of total ecosystem carbon pools distribution and carbon biomass cur- rent annual increment of a moist tropical forest. Forest Ecology Management 261:1448–59.
- Fahey T.J., P.B. Woodbury, J.J. Battles, C.L. Goodale, S. Hamburg, S. Ollinger, and C.W. Woodall. 2009. Forest carbon storage: ecology, management, and policy. In Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment.
- Fortin M. and Langevin L. 2011. Stochastic or deterministic single-tree models: is there any difference in growth predictions? In Annals of Forest Science.
- Fortin M., S. Bedard, J. DeBlois, and S. Meunier. 2009. Assessing and testing prediction uncertainty for single tree-based models: A case study applied to northern hardwood stands in southern Quebec, Canada. In Ecological Applications.
- Gonzalez P., G.P. Asner, J.J. Battles, M.A, Lefsky, K.M. Waring, and M. Palace. 2010. Forest carbon densities and uncertainties from Lidar, QuickBird, and field measurements in California. In Remote Sensing of Environment
- Harmon M.E., K. Bible, M.G. Ryan, D.C. Shaw, H. Chen, J. Klopatek, and X. Li. 2004. Production, Respiration, and Overall Carbon Balance in an Old-Growth Pseudotsuga-Tsuga Forest Ecosystem. In Ecosystems.
- Hermle et al. 2010. Component respiration, ecosystem respiration and net primary production of a mature black spruce forest in northern Quebec. In Tree Physiology.
- Holdaway, Robert J., Stephen J. McNeill, Norman W. H. Mason, and Fiona E. Carswell. 2014. Propagating Uncertainty in Plot-based Estimates of Forest Carbon Stock and Carbon Stock Change. Ecosystems in press. DOI: 10.1007/s10021-014-9749-5 HTML| PDF
- Lambert et al. 2005. Canadian national tree aboveground biomass equations. In Canadian Journal of Forest Research.
- Lappi. 2005. Plot size related measurement error bias in tree growth models. In Canadian Journal of Forest Research.
- Matsuzaki E, P. Sanborn, A.L. Fredeen, C.H. Shaw, C. Hawkins. 2013. Carbon stocks in managed and unmanaged old-growth western redcedar and western hemlock stands of Canada's inland temperate rainforests. Forest Ecology and Management 297:108-119.
- McRoberts et al. 1994. Variation in forest inventory field measurements. In Canadian Journal of Forest Research.
- Melson et al. 2011. Estimates of live-tree carbon stores in the Pacific Northwest are sensitive to model selection. In Carbon Balance and Management.
- Monni et al. 2007. Uncertainty of forest carbon stock changes – implications to the total uncertainty of GHG inventory of Finland. In Climatic Change.
- Paré et al. 2013.Estimating stand-scale biomass, nutrient contents, and associated uncertainties for tree species of Canadian Forests. In Canadian Journal of Forest Research.
- Pollard et al. 2006. Forest Inventory and Analysis National Data Quality Assessment Report for 2000 to 2003. USDA FS RMRS-GTR-181.
- Sicard et al. 2006. Effect of initial fertilisation on biomass and nutrient contentof Norway spruce and Douglas-fir plantations at the same site. In Trees.
- Ter-Mikaelian and Korzukhin. 1997. Biomass equations for sixty-five North American tree species. In Forest Ecology and Management.
- Van Breugel et al. 2011. Estimating carbon stock in secondary forests: Decisions and uncertainties associated with allometric biomass models. In Forest Ecology and Management.
- Van Doorn et al. 2011. Links between biomass and tree demography in a northern hardwood forest: a decade of stability and change in Hubbard Brook Valley, New Hampshire. In Canadian Journal of Forest Research.
- Wallach and Genard. 1998. Effect of uncertainty in input and parameter values on model prediction error. In Ecological Modelling.
- Westfall and Patterson. 2007. Measurement variability error for estimates of volume change. CJFR 37:(11) 2201-2210.
- Westfall and Woodall. 2007. Measurement repeatability of a large-scale inventory of forest fuels. In Forest Ecology and Management.
- Woods, K.D., A. Feiveson, D.B. Botkin. 1991. Statistical error analysis for biomass density and leaf area estimation. Canadian Journal of Forest Research21:974-989.
- Yanai et al. 2010. Estimating Uncertainty in Ecosystem Budget Calculations. In Ecosystems.
- Poster by David Pare, Pierre Bernier, Evelyne Thiffault, Brian Titus, and Benoît Lafleur describing methods for estimating uncertainty in biomass and nutrient pools in northern hardwoods.