4th Dimension Code for bootstrapping (random selection of storm samples) that then drives the composite method calculation subroutines, provided by Brent Aulenbach, USGS
R code for Propagating Uncertainty in Plot-based Estimates of Forest Carbon Stock and Carbon Stock Change (Holdaway et al.)
- Used for: Holdaway, Robert J., Stephen J. McNeill, Norman W. H. Mason, and Fiona E. Carswell. 2014. Propagating Uncertainty in Plot-based Estimates of Forest Carbon Stock and Carbon Stock Change. Ecosystems in press. DOI: 10.1007/s10021-014-9749-5 HTML| PDF
R code for Error Propogation (Breidenbach et al. 2014.)
- Used for: Breidenbach et al. 2014. Quantifying the Model-Related Variability of Biomass Stock and Change Estimates in the Norwegian National Forest inventory. Forest Science 60(1): 25-33 Link
STATA code for estimating uncertainty in tree biomass, provided by Eiji Matsuzaki of the Univ. of Northern British Columbia.
- Monte Carlo STATA Code (zipped Java file)
Discharge data and codes for calculating uncertainty associated with gap filling, provided by Eiji Matsuzaki of the Univ. of Northern British Columbia.
- Strata Code
- Eiji also provided data and codes as a spreadsheet and text file.
- Used for Yanai, R.D., N. Tokuchi, J.L. Campbell, M.B. Green, E. Matsuzaki, S.N. Laseter, C.L. Brown, A.S. Bailey, P. Lyons, C.R. Levine, D.C. Buso, G.E. Likens, J. Knoepp, K. Fukushima. 2015. Sources of uncertainty in estimating stream solute export from headwater catchments at three sites. Hydrological Processes. in press (Early View & Open Access). DOI: 10.1002/hyp.10265 PDF
Sample Monte Carlo using MS excel with VB macros, courtesy of Pierre Bernier, Canadian Forest Service.
- Monte Carlo VB macros (Excel)
- Uses parameters from: Lambert et al. 2005. Canadian national tree aboveground biomass equations. In Canadian Journal of Forest Research
Sample R code for Monte Carlo simulation of aboveground biomass in W6 at Hubbard Brook, courtesy of Carrie Rose Levine, SUNY-ESF.
- Monte Carlo R code (Rich Text Format)
- Used for: Yanai, R.D., C.R. Levine, M.B. Green, and J.L. Campbell. 2012. Quantifying uncertainty in forest nutrient budgets. J. For. 110(8): 448-456. Link.
Zipped file containing Whittaker MC v3.sas and whittaker.csv, courtesy of Andrew Richardson, Harvard University
- Whittaker (Zip file)
An example Excel spreadsheet used to estimate uncertainty using a Monte Carlo approachin the N budget for Hubbard Brook W6.
- Example N budget (Excel)
- Used for: Yanai, R.D., J.J. Battles, A.D. Richardson, E.B. Rastetter, D.M. Wood, and C. Blodgett. 2010. Estimating uncertainty in ecosystem budget calculations. Ecosystems 13(2): 239-248. Link.
An example Excel spreadsheet used to estimate uncertainty using a Monte Carlo approach in forest biomass for Bartlett, Hubbard Brook and Jeffers Brook. Unlike Hubbard Brook W6, which is acensus, this includes sampling uncertainty. It also includes a correction for the log-log transformation.
The Predictive Ecosystem Analyzer (U Illinois), provided by David LeBauer, Energy Biosciences Institute, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign