President: Noah Herne '96| 315 804 4260| EMAIL
1st Vice President: Joan Macholl '83| 315 406 6780| EMAIL
2nd Vice President: Ariane Tanski '2009| 315 391 2321| EMAIL
Treasurer: Bruce Williams '76| 601 427 6758| EMAIL
Secretary: Jeffery Speich '90| 718 796 8477| EMAIL
Past President: Randy Paquin '77| 518 399 3295 | EMAIL
Contact person, Gail Simmons, Office Manager. | 315 848 2566 ext 112 | EMAIL
- Decals and patches will be mailed in a legal envelope, no extra shipping charge.
- Hats, t-shirts, buckles, cookbooks and mementos will add $5 per item.
- Items will be shipped as soon as possible after receipt of the your request and payment.
RSAA Items for Sale
- Belt Buckles - $15
- Lapel Pins - $5
- Decals - $5
- Cookbooks - coming soon
- Mementos - coming soon
- Blue Ox t-shirts - may be available through the team
- Hockey hats - may be available through the team.
To purchase any of the above items, please forward a check to the Association for the amount of the item plus shipping charges.
Ranger School Alumni
RSAA Calendar of Events & Important Dates
- April 27, 2012 Spring RSAA Board of Director’s Meeting 10am
- April 28-29, 2012 Harold F. Spaulding Alumni House Spring Cleanup Weekend
- April 28, 2012 Ranger School Spring Open House
- May 19. 2012 Ranger School Graduation- Class of 2012.
- Presentation of RSAA Awards – James F. Dubuar Merit Award, Class Valedictorian and Class Salutatorian.
- August 3, 2012 RSAA Board of Director’s Meeting 9:30am
- August 3rd, 4th, and 5th 2012 – 78th Annual RSAA Reunion with presentation of:
- 50yr Awards for the Class of 1962
- Haddock Award
- Remele Award
- August 4th, 2012 ESF Centennial Celebration Kickoff 11:00AM
Awards and Scholarships
The Philip J. Haddock Award for Excellence
The Philip J. Haddock award is presented by the Board of Directors each year. It is voted on at the Spring meeting and presented during the reunion. Nominations are solicited in the winter newsletter. “ The person selected does not have to be (or have been) an officer of the RSAA or a member of the Executive Committee, but neither should such persons be excluded. The person selected should be one who has made an outstanding contribution of some kind (not monetary). This contribution may be in the nature of a single, noteworthy actor a lower-keyed, but long term commitment to the School and/or the RSAA or for the alumni in general.”
Jerry Kniskern ’50 2010
Bruce Williams ‘76 2009
Lee Berry ‘68 2008
Charles Hartnett ‘51 2007
Lawrence Hill ‘50 2006
Ken Myers ‘52 2005
Dick Thomas ‘54 2004
Stephen Coulthart ‘53 2003
Christopher Westbrook ‘73 2002
Thomas Martin ‘76 2001
Gail Simmons 2000
All other recipients back to 1980 are posted each year in the Newsletter
Kermit E. Remele Award of Meritorious Service
The award is presented by the RSAA in honor of Kermit E Remele. Professor Remele, a 1943 graduate of the Ranger School, served on the Ranger School faculty for over 30 years. As an active member of the RSAA he served as editor of the Alumni News and held the office of Secretary for many years. One of his greatest strengths was his ability to mobilize an motivate people to work for the betterment of the Ranger School. The intent of this award is therefore to recognize groups of people who have combined efforts have gone beyond the norm to have a positive lasting influence on the Ranger School.
2000 Class of 1950
2003 Surveying Friends Committee
2005 Class of 1955
2008 Class of 1968
2009 Village of Wanakena residents
The following awards are presented each year at the beginning of the Spring semester by the RSAA President:
- Van Witsen
- Eagle Award Matthew Moore ‘90
... and more.