Exchange Visitor (J-1 Visa) Program
Faculties/Departments throughout the College frequently invite faculty and researchers from other countries to visit ESF for temporary stays to benefit from, as well as contribute to, the teaching and research mission of the College. ESF is designated by the US Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs to receive such visitors through its Exchange Visitor (J-1 Visa) Program.
The regulations state that a primary purpose of the Exchange Visitor Program is to foster the exchange of ideas between Americans and foreign nationals and to stimulate international collaborative teaching and research efforts. The exchange of professors and research scholars promotes interchange, mutual enrichment, and linkages between research and educational institutions in the United States and foreign countries. Educational and cultural exchange distinguishes the Exchange Visitor Program with its J visa status from other immigration categories.
For information about the Exchange Visitor Program please contact Thomas Carter at email@example.com, phone 315-470-6691 or FAX 315-470-6978.
Links of Interest:
- International Students at ESF
- International Students' Guide
- US Department of State--Exchange Visitor (J-1 Visa) Program
- Slutzker Center for International Services (SCIS)
- U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS)
- U.S. Department of State
- Foreign Embassies in the U.S.
- National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)