The ESF Virtual Bookstore has partnered with the Syracuse University Bookstore.
Textbook Ordering Information for the Spring Semester
You can order your textbooks online and have them delivered to the ESF Bookstore for pick-up at no additional charge through Sunday, January 31. Please allow 48 hours for your order to be processed and available at the ESF Bookstore pick-up location in the basement of the Gateway Center. If you need to purchase books after Sunday, January 31st, you can go directly to the SU Bookstore in Schine Student Center.
If you order textbooks after Sunday, January 31, 2016 you MUST pick up your books at the SU Bookstore in the Schine Student Center. The option to ship books to the ESF Bookstore will no longer be an option after this date.
To view your textbook requirements and/or place your order when your course selections have been finalized, follow the directions below:
- Go to the ESF Virtual Bookstore: bookweb.syr.edu/esf
- Select the term for which you will be purchasing your books.
- Select the department from the drop down menu for your course.
- Use the drop-down menu to select your course number and then section.
- Once you click on the correct section number, the "Your Schedule" box will populate with that class.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 until you have selected all of your courses for the semester.
- Click "Find Books."
- At this point you have all of the information that is available in regards to textbook requirements and pricing for the courses you selected. If you wish to look up additional courses, simply click on the "Return to Course Lookup" at the top of the page. (When doing multiple course lookups, upon clicking "find books," you may receive an additional pop-up window to acknowledge.)
- If your course comes up with the notice "No books are in our database for this course" please check back at a later date as we are still in the process of updating a few of the textbook orders. If you are ready to place your textbook order, please continue to the next step.
- Each course you have chosen is listed separately, please be sure that you go through all of the book selections for each course. Please note that the cheapest option for a required book is pre-selected for you. If you wish to change this, you must manually make another selection. Be sure to complete the "Substitution Options" box for each text as well. Once you have completed your selections for each course, please click the "Add Selections to Cart" bar at the bottom of the page.
- Please review the selections you have made. If necessary, you may edit or delete each textbook individually. When you are ready to place your order, please click on the "Checkout" button.
- To complete the process, you must create an account using your ESF ID and create a password. If you are renting a book, you must also complete the rental agreement prior to paying for your items.
- SPECIAL NOTE IN REGARDS TO SHIPPING: All ESF students who order through this Virtual Bookstore through Sunday, January 31, 2016 will receive free shipping to the ESF College Bookstore located in the Gateway Center.
- Once your order is placed, please select “Pickup at Gateway Center” from the list of Shipping/Pickup options available. Your textbooks will be shipped free-of-charge to the ESF College Bookstore. If you are placing your order during Orientation, allow 48 hours for your order to be processed and available at the ESF College Bookstore. Pick-up location and times are as follows:
- Monday, January 18: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - B15 (Basement of Gateway Center)
- Tuesday - Friday, January 19-22: Noon. – 3:00 p.m. B15 (Basement of Gateway Center)
- Monday - Friday, January 25 - January 29: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Alumni Office: 219 Bray Hall
- Monday - Friday, February 1 - February 5: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Alumni Office: 219 Bray Hall
- When selecting "Pick Up at Gateway Center", enter the following information as the shipping address:
ESF College Bookstore
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
If you are ordering textbooks after Sunday, January 31, you MUST go to the SU Bookstore in the Schine Student Center to pick up your books. Shipping to the ESF Bookstore will no longer be an option.