The ESF Virtual Bookstore has partnered with the Syracuse University Bookstore.
If you are ordering textbooks after September 4th, you MUST go to the SU Bookstore in the Schine Student Center to pick up your books. Shipping to the ESF Bookstore is no longer an option.
Special Information Regarding Textbooks for Summer Session I and II
If you are ordering your textbooks through the virtual bookstore for Summer Session I and II and would like to pick them up on the ESF campus, we have arranged the following dates and times. Please note that you must allow 48 hours for your on-line order to be processed and available for pick up.
Textbook Pick-up: Summer Session I
- Friday, May 16: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the ESF College Bookstore located in the Gateway Center
- Monday and Tuesday, May 19 & 20: 10 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at the Alumni Office located in 219 Bray Hall
Textbook Pick-up: Summer Session II
- Thursday and Friday, June 26 & 27 : 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the ESF College Bookstore located in the Gateway Center
- Monday and Tuesday, June 30 and July 1: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at the Alumni Office located in 219 Bray Hall
Textbook Ordering Information
Now you can order your textbooks online and have them delivered right to the ESF Bookstore for pick-up at no additional charge through Thursday, September 4th, 2014. Please allow 48 hours for your order to be processed and available at the ESF Bookstore. If you need to purchase books after Thursday, September 4th, 2014, you can go directly to the SU Bookstore in Schine Student Center.
To view your textbook requirements and/or place your order when your course selections have been finalized, follow the directions below:
- Click on the link below which will direct you to the ESF Virtual Bookstore: bookweb.syr.edu/esf
- Select the term for which you will be purchasing your books.
- Select the department from the drop down menu for your course.
- Use the drop-down menu to select your course number and then section.
- Once you click on the correct section number, the "Your Schedule" box will populate with that class.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 until you have selected all of your courses for the semester.
- Click "Find Books."
- At this point you have all of the information that is available in regards to textbook requirements and pricing for the courses you selected. If you wish to look up additional courses, simply click on the "Return to Course Lookup" at the top of the page. (When doing multiple course lookups, upon clicking "find books," you may receive an additional pop-up window to acknowledge.)
- If your course comes up with the notice "No books are in our database for this course" please check back at a later date as we are still in the process of updating a few of the textbook orders. If you are ready to place your textbook order, please continue to the next step.
- Each course you have chosen is listed separately, please be sure that you go through all of the book selections for each course. Please note that the cheapest option for a required book is pre-selected for you. If you wish to change this, you must manually make another selection. Be sure to complete the "Substitution Options" box for each text as well. Once you have completed your selections for each course, please click the "Add Selections to Cart" bar at the bottom of the page.
- Please review the selections you have made. If necessary, you may edit or delete each textbook individually. When you are ready to place your order, please click on the "Checkout" button.
- To complete the process, you must create an account using your ESF ID and create a password. If you are renting a book, you must also complete the rental agreement prior to paying for your items.
- SPECIAL NOTE IN REGARDS TO SHIPPING: All ESF students who order through this Virtual Bookstore will receive free shipping to the ESF College Bookstore located in the Gateway Center through Thursday, September 4th, 2014.
- Once your order is placed, please select “Pickup at Gateway Center” from the list of Shipping/Pickup options available. Your textbooks will be shipped free-of-charge to the ESF College Bookstore. If you order your textbooks over the summer, the order will be held for you and will be available during opening weekend. During Orientation, allow 48 hours for your order to be processed and available at the ESF College Bookstore. Pick-up times are as follows:
- Saturday, August 23rd: from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. B15 (Basement of Gateway Center)
- Sunday, August 24th: 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. B15 (Basement of Gateway Center)
- Monday – Friday: August 25 – August 29: 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. B15 (Basement of Gateway Center)
- Monday – Friday: September 1 – September 5: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (219 Bray Hall)
- Monday - Friday: September 8 - September 12: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (219 Bray Hall)
ESF College Bookstore
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
If you need to purchase books after Thursday, September 4th, 2014, you can go directly to the SU Bookstore in the Schine Student Center. Further information regarding textbook pick-up will be sent to you once your order is placed through the ESF Virtual Bookstore.