What is CSTEP?
The Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) is a national award-winning program sponsored by SUNY-ESF and New York State Department of Education. It is an enrichment program designed to foster students' academic success in preparing for professional licensure or careers in the scientific, technical or health-related fields.
CSTEP works to increase the number of historically underrepresented, economically disadvantaged college students that complete preprofessional or professional undergraduate and graduate programs in these fields.
Benefits of CSTEP Membership
Services provided to students are academic counseling, skills development, free tutoring, a faculty mentor, graduate student mentor, enrichment activities, internship/research opportunities, graduate school/career preparation, specialized workshops, and field trips. CSTEP provides opportunities for scholars to create and maintain resumes, research graduate school information, and attend educational and professional conferences.
CSTEP students at ESF may choose an option each semester giving one academic credit. Requirements for this course can be found in the CSTEP Course Syllabus (above).
You are eligible for CSTEP if you:
- Are a New York State resident or a permanent resident alien residing in New York State;
- Are interested in a career in the sciences, mathematics, or technology fields or any of the licensed professions of New York State;
- Are enrolled full-time at SUNY-ESF
- Have a GPA of 2.3 or higher;
- Are African American/Black, Alaskan Native, Native American/Pacific Islander, Latino/Hispanic
- Are Anglo American/White, or Asian American AND meet income eligibility guidelines as determined by the office of Financial Aid.
- Program Director: Mary Triano, 110 Bray Hall, (315) 470-6660, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative Coordinator: Eileen Baldassarre, 110 Bray Hall, (315) 470-4895, email@example.com
- Grad Counselors: Carissa Alza, Yolanda Gonzalez, Stacia Martelli, and Kapil Mandrekar
- Research Aide: Mike Norman
If you are interested in CSTEP membership, you may apply at CSTEP Office in Student Affairs, 110 Bray Hall, or print out and complete the application below. Return application to the address listed on the bottom of the form.