Diversity and Inclusion Library Resources
- Kaplan GRE
- Kaplan GRE for Biology
- GRE Biology Test Secrets
- GRE vocabulary flash cards
- How to Ace Calculus- This book provides humorous and very readable explanations of the key topics of calculus without the technical detail. This unique guide explains how calculus is taught, what to study, and what is likely to be on an exam.
- How to Ace the Rest of Calculus- This is the sequel to the above. With the same humorous approach it covers the second and third semesters of calculus like sequences and series, polar coordinates, and multivariable calculus.
- Math Review for Standardized Tests- Review, refresh and reintroduce yourself to algebra, geometry, and word problems for the GRE, SAT, GMAT or state teacher’s tests.
- Words for Smart Test Takers- This is an easy-to-read handbook with exercises and strategies for building the vocabulary necessary for success on the LSAT, GRE, GMAT etc.
- Chemistry: the Central Science- This student’s guide comes complete with CD-ROM, and math review toolkit.
Coloring Books - Learn the structures and functions while coloring the detailed pictures. Includes a brief text and provides a fun and effective way to learn the fundamentals.
- Marine Biology
- BioTutor- This complete interactive biology course reviews high school and the first two semesters of college biology.
- ChemTutor- This complete interactive biology course reviews high school and the first two semesters of college chemistry.
- PhysicsTutor- This complete interactive biology course reviews high school and the first two semesters of college physics.
- Biochemistry: the Chemistry of Living Things- This interactive program includes pre and post-testing, and online glossary and online help.
For Dummies Books
- Organic Chemistry
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Reptiles & Amphibians
- Statistics by the Standard Deviants- This three-tape series is an amusing approach to learning statistics from data collection, populations, and experimental design to graphing, probability, standard error, and t-tests.
- Volcano Under the City: Will Mount Nyiragongo Obliterate Goma Congo?
- Hurricane Katrina: The Storm that Drowned a City
- Tsunami: The Wave that Shook the World
- Faithful Journey: Life and Career of Dr. Ben Carson
- Race: the Power of an Illusion
- Science Through Multiple Intelligences
- Black and Brown Faces in America’s Wild Places: African Americans making nature and the environment a part of their everyday lives
- Hispanic Heritage kit
- Gay and Lesbian knowledge cards
- CD of Gay and Lesbian singers
Games – Learn while having fun….
- Bioviva- This very fun eco trivia board game will entertain and enlighten.
- ElementO- Learn the chemical elements while having fun.
- Ocean Bingo
- Food Web
- Brain Teasers
- Messenger RNA
- Gene Rummy
- Solar Car kit
- Cell game
- Garden, Bug, Animal, Ocean and Medical OPOLY
Rules of the Library
- Everything must be checked out in 110 Bray by leaving your name, email address, phone number, and 50¢ deposit.
- Loans are for 3 weeks but may be renewed if the item has not been requested.
- Late fee is 10¢ per day.
- Please be respectful of the resources and do not write in the books (ie. practice tests).
- CSTEP Home
- CSTEP Application (PDF)
- CSTEP Research/Intership Syllabus (PDF)
- CSTEP First Year Study Hall Syllabus (PDF)
- Step for Leaders Website
- Resources for Students
- Scholarships, Fellowships, Grants
- Organizations & Journals:
- ESF Diversity and Inclusion
- Program Director: Mary Triano, 110 Bray Hall, (315) 470-6660, email@example.com
- Coordinator: Eileen Baldassarre, 110 Bray Hall, (315) 470-4895, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diversity Grad Mentors: Devin Hansen, Nicole Rivera Ramos and Prajapati Shapkota
- Graduate Assistant: Eugene Law
If you are interested in CSTEP membership, you may apply at CSTEP Office in Student Affairs, 110 Bray Hall, or print out and complete the application below. Return application to the address listed on the bottom of the form.