Community Membership Statement Office of the Dean
As a community, ESF is committed to the highest standards of personal and professional behaviorboth inside and outside the classroom. We celebrate the diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives represented in our community and believe that respect for oneself and others leads to a community characterized by integrity and honor. To demonstrate our commitment to the values of this community, our office will aid students in striving to be:
- An Environmentally-friendly Community that adheres to the practice of respecting and sustaining the natural and the built environment.
- An Educational Community that shares academic goals, one in which students, faculty and staff work together to strengthen teaching and learning.
- A Civil Community that protects freedom of belief and expression, and treats all individuals with consideration, decency and respect.
- A Responsible Community that accepts the rights and obligations expressed in the Code of Student Conduct designed for the common good of our entire community.
- A Safe Community that respects each other’s rights, privacy and property.
- An Ethical Community that reflects honesty, integrity and fairness in both academic and co-curricular activities.
- A Diverse Community that celebrates our differences and learns from our diversity.
- A Socially-aware Community that seeks to contribute to the betterment of the campus, the local community, the nation and the world.