About Student Wellness and Support
Office of Student Wellness and Support
The Office of Student Wellness and Support provides students with an array of services and resources that will assist not only in their academic endeavors, but also their personal and professional aspirations. Committed to success, the following are some of the services offered:
- Intervention, support, referral, and follow up services
- Assistance with Crises
- Assistance regarding psychological health, physical health, victimization, relationship issues, social adjustment, etc.
- Assistance with Change in Educational Plans and the withdrawal process (personal and medical)
- Assistance with the Readmission process
- Assistance with acquiring/providing academic accommodations to students with disabilities
- Direct linkage to campus and community resources
Of course, we are also an ear if you need to simply come in and talk! College is a time where students develop into individuals, explore new things, and gain independence. Sometimes we find that the demands of academics and life pull us in many different directions. Don’t get overwhelmed—stop in to talk about it! The key to maintaining a healthy balance between our academic, professional, and personal lives is to seek out and utilize the resources and support services available to us.
Mission & Vision
The Mission of the Office of Student Wellness and Support at SUNY- ESF is to enhance the educational experience by promoting health and wellness, to empower students within the College community and beyond by providing support, and to encourage students to make informed and intentional choices regarding their overall health and well-being.
The Vision of the Office of Student Wellness and Support at SUNY- ESF is to assist students in establishing healthy relationships, realize their well-being, achieve academic success, and experience personal growth by providing direct support and access to a variety of appropriate College and community resources. Student Wellness and Support seeks to create a caring, enriching, and safe environment for all SUNY- ESF students and members of the ESF community.