In the News
ESF Students, Faculty and Alumni
Chemistry Senior Receives ACS Award
Congratulations to SUNY-ESF Chemistry Senior, John Richardson - recipient of the American Chemical Society Undergraduate Student Award in Environmental Chemistry. This award recognizes outstanding students currently enrolled in a United States education institution in chemistry, environmental engineering, environmental science or other program emphasizing environmental chemistry.
Rene Germain's ambition is to help people and working forests. He conducts applied research that keeps him in the woods and working closely with the very forest practitioners who benefit from his research findings.
ESF student Zachary Kalette has received the Chancellor's Scholar Athlete Award. Kalette, a member of ESF's basketball team, is a senior in the college's five-year landscape architecture program. He is a resident of Fayetteville, N.Y.
Careers, interships and new ways to learn await the newest ESF graduates who celebrated their accomplishments May 11 and 12.
Sandra Steingraber was a natural choice to receive an honorary degree from ESF. Steingraber, an ecologist, author and cancer survivor has been heralded as "the new Rachel Carson'' by the Sierra Club. The scholar in residence at Ithaca College is at the forefront of the clean energy and anti-fracking movement in New York state. She is recognized around the world as a leading authority on the environment and the role it plays in cancer and human health.
Dr. Thomas Amidon has been honored with the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry's (ESF) Exemplary Researcher Award.
Three ESF employees have been honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards. The honorees are Dr. Charles A.S. Hall, Ragan Squier and Mark Storrings.
Four students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) have received Rosen Fellowships, enabling them to pursue a dream this summer through an out-of-classroom experience.Four students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) have received Rosen Fellowships, enabling them to pursue a dream this summer through an out-of-classroom experience.
Oh the Places You'll Go...
ESF prepares people for success. Read about a few of the ESF students, faculty and alumni who have become leaders, advancing their fields and working toward a better world:
- April Karen BaptistePh.D. Candidate, Fulbright Scholar
- Cara StaffordInvasive Plant Technician, Catalina Island
- Meghan JohnstoneNature Conservancy Intern
- Lynne BeattyMarine Resources Workshop participant
- Kristen AnthonyESF Student on SU Ski Team
- Dr. James GibbsDistinguished teacher, honored researcher
- Dr. Robert MalmsheimerESF College Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching winner
- Dr. Christopher NomuraExemplary Researcher, Chemistry
- Dr. Lindi QuackenbushESF College Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching winner
- Dr. Kimberly SchulzExemplary Researcher, Environmental and Forest Biology