Tutoring Program Policies
Office of Academic Support Services
Academic Success Center | 109 Moon Library | (315) 470-4919 | email@example.com
- All tutoring assignments must be arranged through the Peer Tutor Coordinator to be eligible for compensation.
- This program supports students who desire help or guidance in studying for any ESF course.
- A tutor may provide no more than (two hours of individualized tutoring a week per student per course. If more tutoring is required, please contact the tutoring coordinator.
- All tutors are required to attend one "Paperwork & Policy" workshop during the Fall/Spring semester. Additionally, to foster appropriate development of one's skills, Tutors are also encouraged to attend at least one of the Tutor Training workshops held during the semester. The schedule for these workshops are available in the ASC, on our Tutoring Services webpage, and via the Peer Tutor Coordinator.
- If a student is unable to contact her/his tutor to arrange tutoring sessions she/he should let the tutoring coordinator know immediately so we can contact the tutor on his/her behalf.
- If an assigned tutor and tutee arrange a tutoring session and the tutee does not show up for the session without informing the tutor 24 hours in advance;
- The tutor can still claim payment for 30 minutes worth of service.
- And, if a tutee fails twice to keep an appointment with her/his assigned tutor without notifying the tutor 24 hours in advance, the tutor will be reassigned. The student may not be able to obtain another tutor for that course for the remainder of that semester.
- If a student no longer needs a tutor, the student must notify the tutoring coordinators immediately so that the tutor must be reassigned.
- If a tutor fails to show up for her/his scheduled tutoring sessions without notifying the tutee 24 hours in advance, or fails to contact her/his tutee within two weeks, she/he may be replaced by another tutor. The tutor may not be assigned any tutees for the remainder of that semester.
- Tutoring sessions should be held in quiet, public places, such as the Moon Library or Nifkin Lounge.
- Tutor time-sheets are to be returned to the Office of Academic Support Services for processing. Time-sheets that are two pay periods or more late, will not be processed.