ESF Campus Emergency Procedures
If an emergency were to occur that impacted SUNY-ESF the campus community would be notified in a number of ways. If the incident poses an imminent threat to the campus community the Chief of University Police and/or the Environmental Health and Safety Officer will initiate notification by activating the "SUNY NY Alert" system. Commonly known as the New York State All-Hazards Alert and Notification system once activated it will notify students, faculty and staff through a number of messaging gateways; email, voice phone, text messaging or fax. The campus will also utilize Campus email broadcasts, SUNY-ESF Homepage, person to person contact as well as local media coverage to communicate an emergency. Alerts sent will contain incident-specific emergency messages and detailed instructions on how to respond to them. The SUNY NY-Alert system is maintained by the New York State Emergency Management Office that can be found at: www.semo.state.ny.us.
SUNY NY Alert system is tested periodically via a test group as well as annually campus wide.
- Daily Log
- CRIME ALERTS!
- Contacting ESF University Police
- Duties (we respond to all crimes and serious incidents on campus)
- Services Available
- Parking and Traffic Regulations
- Ticket Appeal form
- Campus & Area Maps & Directions
- Crime Prevention
- Emergency Response
- ESF Campus Security Act Reports
- NY State Sex Offender Registry
- Other Law Enforcement Sites
- Title IX, Non-Discrimination Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions