Snow Removal Regulations
University Police Department
Your cooperation is requested and appreciated to assist Physical Plant in snow removal operations. If you observe any unsafe snow related conditions during normal business hours, please report them directly to Physical Plant at 6588 after hours contact University Police at 6666.
To minimize problems we ask that the following procedures be followed:
- No overnight (past 2:00 AM) parking on campus, in any open lot, for any reason. This includes ESF College research vehicles.
- If you arrive early in the morning before the campus is completely plowed please use a lot that has been plowed.
- If you have an emergency and must park overnight (past 2:00 AM) contact University Police and make arrangements for parking in the garage or a designated overflow lot. You must register your personal vehicle for entry in our overnight log.
- All state vehicles must be parked in the M&O Garage overnight. (Overflow parking along shop wing Baker Lab.)
- If you are signing out a state vehicle and need to leave your personal vehicle in the M&O Garage contact University Police to have information logged in overnight log. (Only the individual signing out the state vehicle is eligible to leave their personal vehicle in the garage). If you return to campus after normal business hours contact University Police for admittance to the garage. There is a help phone located by the garage door.
These procedures should be followed year round but they are of the utmost importance during the winter months. We have an able crew who do a fine job of snow removal in order to keep the parking lots open. Please do not hamper their efforts.
REMEMBER: Vehicles will be towed at the owners expense
One Forestry Drive
Syracuse New York 13210-2778
Return to Parking Information Page
- Daily Log
- CRIME ALERTS!
- Contacting ESF University Police
- Services Available
- Parking and Traffic Regulations
- Ticket Appeal form
- Campus & Area Maps & Directions
- Crime Prevention
- Emergency Response Guide
- ESF Campus Security Act Reports
- NY State Sex Offender Registry
- Other Law Enforcement Sites
- Frequently Asked Questions