Usernames and Passwords
Faculty & Staff:
- DOMAIN\USERNAME: esfadmin\username
(NOTE: use \ not / , username same as esf.edu email, i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PASSWORD: same as esf.edu email/webmail (NOT faculty/staff login password)
- DOMAIN\USERNAME: www\username
(NOTE: \ not / , username same as syr.edu email, i.e., email@example.com)
- PASSWORD: same as syr.edu email/webmail
Connecting with Mac OSX using Cyberduck
- Download Cyberduck (free)
To connect (see panel image below):
- Click on "Open Connection" icon.
- Choose "SFTP" from dropdown menu
- For Server name, enter "www-2.esf.edu" (NOTE: it's www-2, not www)
- Enter your esf.edu username and password, using the esfadmin\username format (backslash \, not frontslash /.
- Under More Options, for directory information, type in the full path of the folder you wish to access using this format:
"/foldername/" would be replaced by your folder string. (NOTE: If appropriate, continue the string through to the highest level sub-folder you edit, e.g., /efb/courses/efb999/
- Connect. You can treat the resulting file list as though it was a file list in a Finder window (drag and drop works, though cut and pasting of folders may not).
- Secure portals log-in
All secure systems, including:
- Graduate Applicants
- Public information systems log-in
All public data systems, including:
- Around Your World (international research, global partnerships, study abroad)
- News & Events
- Room Reservation (ESF Spaces)
- Faculty Public Information Manager
- Graduate Student Personal Information Manager
- ESF webmail log-in
- SUMail log-in
Contact us at 470-4858, firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by 123 Bray.