Connecting with Windows
Microsoft Windows lets you connect to a web folder by mapping it as a network place/drive on your computer. Note that this is a live connection to your web content and not a local copy of your files.
Usernames and Passwords
Faculty & Staff:
- DOMAIN\USERNAME: esfadmin\username
(NOTE: use \ not / , username same as esf.edu email, i.e., email@example.com)
- PASSWORD: same as esf.edu email/webmail (NOT faculty/staff login password)
- DOMAIN\USERNAME: www\username
(NOTE: \ not / , username same as syr.edu email, i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PASSWORD: same as syr.edu email/webmail
Mapping a Network Drive
Windows 7 and 8
- Choose "Computer" in the Start menu.
- Choose "Map network drive" from the toolbar or by right clicking in the Network Location region.
- Select a drive letter you'd like to use.
- For Folder, enter the path to the folder you wish to access:
Note that "foldername" refers to the folder or folder\subfolder you are permitted to edit, such as \admissions\ or \admissions\transfer\ .
- If you are logged in to your computer as your permitted account, click finish. If not, check the "Connect using different credentials" box and click Finish. You should then be prompted to enter your username and password -- for example:
(enter username carefully: include esfadmin; use \ not / in username)
1234abcd (your password)
You should now see a window with icons for your folders and files. You may drag, drop, open, copy and/or delete just as you would with any other files and folders on your computer. Remember that the files in this window are live web files!
If you wish to keep two copiesa master on your computer and one on the web serveryou must drag-and-drop or otherwise copy the file to and from this window.
By default, this should reconnect every time you log in to your computer as the drive letter you selected in step 3. You can save directly to this space if you're exporting files - just remember, these are live on the web.
- Secure portals log-in
All secure systems, including:
- Graduate Applicants
- Public information systems log-in
All public data systems, including:
- Around Your World (international research, global partnerships, study abroad)
- News & Events
- Room Reservation (ESF Spaces)
- Faculty Public Information Manager
- Graduate Student Personal Information Manager
- ESF webmail log-in
- SUMail log-in
Contact us at 470-4858, email@example.com or drop by 123 Bray.