Adobe Contribute is the standard ESF webpage editing tool. It's easy to use, and complete support is provided by the web office.
NOTE: Don't lose license or serial number info! It might be important later.
1) Installation and Purchase
Download and use immediately, purchase later
You must create an Adobe account first (free). You can start using Contribute right away -- enter your serial number when it arrives to move from trial version to fully licensed version.
Contribute is currently $36.22.
This is a download product, so you will not receive a CD/DVD.
- One installation per license
- Keep any license and/or serial number information safe and accessible.
Once installed, request a "connection key" from the web office (see below).
Now purchase Contribute before the 30-day trial ends (see box to right).
If you get a new computer or have yours "rebuilt", you will need to re-install Contribute.
- If your license is for version 6.5 (latest), re-download, install, and enter the serial number received when you purchased previously.
- If your license is for versions CS3, CS4, CS5 (older), contact the web office (470-4858, email@example.com) for installation disks and connection key information.
2) Get a Connection Key to Start Using Contribute
No @esf.edu Account?
If you are a student and only have an syr.edu email address, you must complete this form to gain editing permission and receive a connection key.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a "connection key" that includes pre-configured connection information to set up Contribute. You need one for every website (folder) you edit.
When you get your key by email...
- Follow the instructions in the email exactly.
You may now start editing. You only have to complete this process once per installation.
Contact Paul at 470-4858 or email@example.com for support and training.
- Secure portals log-in
All secure systems, including:
- Graduate Applicants
- Public information systems log-in
All public data systems, including:
- Around Your World (international research, global partnerships, study abroad)
- News & Events
- Room Reservation (ESF Spaces)
- Faculty Public Information Manager
- Graduate Student Personal Information Manager
- ESF webmail log-in
- SUMail log-in
Contact us at 470-4858, firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by 123 Bray.