Contact Aaron Knight in the Office of Communications at x6648 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Digital Signage
Currently installed panels centrally managed using Four Winds Interactive software include:
- Baker Laboratory, 3rd Floor (adjacent to CNS Help Desk)
- Bray Hall, Rotunda (2 displays; 1 informational, 1 interactive kiosk)
- Illick Hall, Ground Floor (at Carrier Dome-facing entrance)
- Marshall Hall, 1st Floor (Environmental Studies) and 3rd Floor (Landscape Architecture)
- Moon Library, near entrance.
- Walters Hall, 2nd Floor (2 displays; near bridge entrance)
- Coming Soon: Gateway Center (main level, power plant and Admissions)
What are the Advantages?
Centrally controlling your digital signage allows easy distribution of flyers, news, events, weather and other information and creates a standard and reliable information gateway. Four Winds' system greatly improves reliability of service. Departments will still have the ability to manage the content on their displays, and the Office of Communications will work with you to ensure the system meets your needs. The goals of this system are to make maintenance and distribution easier for everyone involved in the process.
All new digital signage needs to be centrally controlled via the campus-purchased Four Winds Interactive system. This system allows us to interrupt signage for campus security alerts via OrangeAlert and NY-Alert and makes content distribution much easier.
- Recommended Configurations and Pricing (PDF)
Updated March 2012
If you are interested in installing signage in your area, please refer to the recommended configurations for estimated costs and system requirements. Please be advised that digital signage is not as simple as purchasing an inexpensive TV and mounting it on the wall; better displays are required to avoid burn-in and other longevity issues.