SERVER (Host) LOCATION:
(NOTE: https used instead of http & wwwpublish instead of www)
DOMAIN\USERNAME & PASSWORD
Domain & username are usually entered together, separated by a backslash: \
Faculty & Staff:
- DOMAIN\USERNAME: esfadmin\username
(username same as for esf.edu email, i.e., email@example.com)
- PASSWORD: same as esf.edu email/webmail (NOT faculty/staff login password)
- DOMAIN\USERNAME: www\username
(username same as for syr.edu email, i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PASSWORD: same as syr.edu email/webmail
Connecting with Contribute
Adobe Contribute is an excellent tool to edit and maintain your web pages without knowledge of HTML. We send connection keys for departmental and other major sites - but you can use it for your faculty page as well. Here's how:
- Click Continue past the warning about Connection Keys. If you have one, you don't need to follow these instructions - follow the Connection Key steps.
- Contribute will ask you for the web address. Give the full path (e.g. http://www.esf.edu/web/) and click Continue.
- On the next screen, select WebDAV from the drop down menu. It should reveal three more boxes.
- The WebDAV URL is the same as you entered on the previous screen, with these changes: http:// --> https:// and wwwpublish instead of www.
- Your WebDAV username is your domain login for your computer - e.g. ESFADMIN\(your-username-here).
- Your WebDAV password is the password to that login.
- Click continue for the next pages and Finish on the final screen. You've now set up your connection!
If you have any questions, or encounter any problems (particularly if it says Contribute can't find a web location), your permissions may not be set correctly. Please call x6648 for assistance, or email email@example.com