SERVER (Host) LOCATION:
(NOTE: https used instead of http & wwwpublish instead of www)
DOMAIN\USERNAME & PASSWORD
Domain & username are usually entered together, separated by a backslash: \
Faculty & Staff:
- DOMAIN\USERNAME: esfadmin\username
(username same as for esf.edu email, i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PASSWORD: same as esf.edu email/webmail (NOT faculty/staff login password)
- DOMAIN\USERNAME: www\username
(username same as for syr.edu email, i.e., email@example.com)
- PASSWORD: same as syr.edu email/webmail
Connecting with Windows Vista
How to Configure Vista
- Select "Computer" in the Start menu.
- In "Computer" Right-Click an open area on the right side of the Window, then select "Add a Network Location". The "Add Network Location Wizard" will appear. Click "Next".
- When asked, "Where do you want to create this network location?" select Choose a custom network location. Click "Next".
- When asked to "Specify the location of your website" in the Internet or network address field, enter the WebDAV filepath to your folder:
- Click "Next".
- Enter your User Name and Password when prompted (you may be prompted more than once):
- When asked, "What do you want to name this location?" enter a label of your choosing (for instance "My Site" or "EFB 123" etc.). Click "Next".
- When you see "Completing the Add Network Location Wizard" Check the box "Open the network location when I click Finish" and Click "Finish" (it may take some time for the Web Folder to open the first time).
(For ... substitute your folder, e.g., https://wwwpublish.esf.edu/efb/kimmerer , https://wwwpublish.esf.edu/outreach/k12/, etc.)
esfadmin\username (faculty/staff) OR www\username (student)
A Network Location has been created in the "Network Location" section of Computer with the label you choose. (Hint: You can Right-click the Network Location and select "Send to... Desktop" to create an additional shortcut on your desktop).
When connected, you should see a window with an icon(s) for your folder(s). You may drag, drop, open, copy and/or delete just as you would with any other files and folders on your computer. Remember that the files in this window are live web files! If you wish to keep two copies -- a master on your computer and one on the web server -- you must drag-and-drop or otherwise copy the file to and from this window.