To-do List Calendar View
Activate your SU NetID/SU email and set up your ESFiD
- These are needed to access online resources, both on and off campus, and to receive email notifications. You can start this process at the MyESF.esf.edu portal. Once your SU NetID is activated and your ESFiD is set up, check your syr.edu email at sumail.syr.edu and your esf.edu email at email.esf.edu. Please Note: The official means of campus communication is the syr.edu email.
- Complete the following through your MyESF portal:
- ESF Emergency Contact information
- ESF Policies Acknowledgement Page
- FERPA Waiver (if desired)
- Complete the following through your MyESF portal:
NOTE: If your deposit/matriculation date is past January 1, you may experience a delay in receiving the necessary credentials to complete these steps. Please be patient as we do our best to be timely in the delivery of this.
Housing Application – Email Admissions ASAP
- The application collects important data, including information used for room assignments if you do not choose your own roommate. If you will be living in Centennial Hall, you will receive an email by the end of May directing you to sign into the MyESF portal for a link that will allow you to complete and sign your housing contract and roommate request. You will submit your housing contract electronically.
ESF Health Insurance – Due February 15
- All full-time ESF students are required to have health insurance. The cost of the ESF student health insurance plan is $1168.33. And this cost is automatically added to your student bill. If you have health insurance through another source (such as your parents/guardian/spouse or employment), you can waive out of the ESF student health insurance plan. The deadline to waive out is February 15, 2020. Failure to take action by the deadline will result in your being responsible for the full cost of the plan. To waive out or obtain more information, visit your MyESF portal. *Please note the ESF Student Health Insurance Plan is separate from the ESF Health Fee. The ESF Health Fee is a mandatory fee that all students must pay.
Immunization History Form – Email sent early December, due January 15
- We are required by N.Y. state law to collect immunization records for all full-time ESF students. Please watch your syr.edu email for a welcome letter from Magnus Health. The email will come from email@example.com and may go to your spam folder. Make sure you check there. The email will give further instruction on how to upload your Immunization History Form or to request a medical/religious exemption.
- Students seeking disability-related accommodations and supports do so through the Office of Disability Services at Syracuse University. Visit disabilityservices.syr.ed, click the "Students" tab and follow the directions. Phone: 315-443-4498
Housing Accommodations – Due ASAP
- Requests regarding meal plan exceptions, housing assignment adjustments, service or emotional support animals, or any building augmentation that creates a significant or permanent physical adjustment will be directed to the Housing Accommodation Request process. Students will be asked to speak with a member of the Accommodation Review Committee and complete the required paperwork, including the submission of available supporting documentation. The process can be found at www.esf.edu/students/support/documents/HousingAccommodationProcess.pdf
Meal Plan Selection – December 1 to January 6
- Choose your meal plan for SU Dining and/or ESF's Trailhead Café. www.esf.edu/mealplans. Please Note: SU meal plans will be billed by SU and Trailhead Café meal plans will be billed by ESF.
- If you live in Centennial Hall, you have a minimum meal plan requirement. ESF will preset your meal plan to the minimum requirement. Any applicable changes in costs will be reflected on your initial ESF bill. Further changes to Trailhead meal plans, which affect your ESF bill, can be made on MyESF through January 6. After that date, only new or increased Trailhead plans can be made from MyESF. All changes will be subject to the ESF Bursar's Office audit of minimum meal plan requirements in mid-September, which could result in bill adjustments.
- January 25 is your last chance for SU meal plan selections on MyESF. Any desired SU meal plan not completed on MyESF by Jan. 6 can be made on MySlice.syr.ed (SU's student portal) or arranged at Steele Hall during regular business hours.
- After plans have been received by SU, SU meal plans can only be changed on MySlice at MySlice.syr.edu or in person at Steele Hall. Any change to an SU meal plan on MyESF after January 6will not get sent to SU. Check MySlice for further information and deadlines. All changes will be subject to the ESF Bursar's Office audit of minimum meal plan requirements in mid-January, which may result in bill adjustments.
Housing Contracts – due ASAP
- You will be asked to review and accept the terms and conditions of the housing contract. The contract includes access to RoomSync, the official method for meeting other students and requesting a specific roommate
ESF bill – Mid-January
- If you applied for financial aid, you will receive an email notifying you that your financial aid award is available online. Follow the link to view and print your award. Accept or decline your award online.
- You will receive an email notifying you to access and pay your ESF bill on MyESF. SU will bill you directly for any SU meal plan selection made on MyESF and those charges are not reflected on your ESF bill. Instructions and due dates will be posted on MyESF.
- SU bills are solely for Syracuse University meal plans and parking permits for off-campus and commuter students (if applicable). Please Note: ESF Financial Aid is not transferred or applied towards your SU bill. Students are responsible for paying for the SU bill directly with Syracuse University.
Online Education Assignment — due January 19
- Students must complete the online programs designed to help students make smart decisions in college around alcohol and drugs, sexual violence, and bystander intervention. An email will be sent to your syr.edu email with a registration code to the program. Please Note: failure to complete this course will affect your ability to register for Fall 2020 classes.
Submit a recent headshot photo for your Syracuse University (SU)/ESF Student ID card and for your ESF student record file – due January 1
- There are two places where your headshot photo must be submitted. The same photo can be used but each requires its own upload.
Move In – January 9
- Centennial Hall residents will receive specific information about designated move-in times and instructions in early January.
SU January Billing Deadline
- You will receive an email notifying you to access and pay your ESF bill on MyESF. SU will bill you directly for any SU meal plan selection made on MyESF and those charges are not reflected on your ESF bill. Instructions and due dates will be posted on MyESF. Please Note: ESF Financial Aid is not transferred or applied towards your SU bill. Students are responsible for paying for the SU bill directly with Syracuse University.
Immunization records – Upload to Magnus by January 15
Course Registration and Textbooks–January 10
- All new students are pre-registered for the Spring Semester by their academic department over the summer. Class schedules are only distributed at Orientation. You will meet with your advisor during Orientation to finalize your class and may order textbooks online after you have met with your advisor and finalized your schedule.
- Activate your SU NetID
- Log into your SU Email at sumail.syr.edu
- Set up your ESFiD
- Housing Application – Email Admissions ASAP
- Immunization History Form – Email sent early December, due January 15
- ESF Health Insurance – due by February 15 if waiving out
- Academic Accommodations – Set up through disabilityservices.syr.edu
- Meal Plan Selection – December 1 – January 6
- Housing Assignments Sent – Email sent early January, if applicable
- Submit a recent headshot photo for your Syracuse University (SU)/ESF Student ID card via firstname.lastname@example.org – due January 1
- Submit a headshot for your ESF student record file – due January 1
- Course Registration – January 10
- Textbooks – January 10
- Immunization records – Upload to Magnus by January 15
- ESF bill – Mid-January
- SU bill – Mid-January (if on an SU Meal Plan or purchasing a parking permit)
- ESF Health Insurance – due February 15
- Online Education Assignment – due March 13