Tasks Required of Accepted Students
As a new student, you must complete several required tasks before beginning studies at ESF.
The college will send email reminders and printed information to assist you, but it is up to you to make sure the tasks are complete.
1) ESF Online Tasks via MyESF
MyESF is the portal for managing student business. Once you have an account, MyESF will automatically show the info and services that match your status, whether you are a prospective, accepted, new or current student.
Details for the tasks below appear automatically in your MyESF account at the appropriate time.
On MyESF accepted students must:
- Accept financial aid award (if applicablethose not contacted online receive their aid award letter by mail)
- Select housing and meal plan
- Enter emergency contact information
- Agree to student policies presented in the ESF Student Handbook
- Upload photoa head-shot for your file
- Complete disabilities identification form (if applicable)
- Complete FERPA waiver (if applicableallows release of billing info to someone you designate)
- Pay tuition and feespay installments when due (first bill is posted about 6 weeks before the semester starts)
2) Syracuse University (SU) Online Tasks
ESF shares certain services with SU.
- Activate your SU NetID (for ID card, email and more)
Theses are required to move from applicant to accepted student:
1) Commitment to Enroll form
Submit yours if you haven't already.
2) Transcripts, Scores, Etc.
Make sure required official documents have been sent directly to ESF by appropriate agencies or institutions (documents issued to students are not official):
- Final official high school transcript confirming graduation
- Final official college transcripts for any college level courses taken in high school
- Transfer Students only: Final official college transcripts from any colleges attended prior to ESF, including summer course work or any college level courses taken in high school
- Official Advanced Placement (AP), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), or International Baccalaureate (IB) test score. To request official scores from College Board, visit www.collegeboard.com or call (212) 713-8000.
Contact the Admissions Office if you have questions or concerns:
Health Insurance and Services
Learn about the required Student Health Form and other important details:
Computer Purchase, Email & Internet
Learn about recommended computers, email and network accounts, internet access, and more:
Housing, Meal Plans, Utilities, & Banking
Off-campus residents can learn about housing resources, meal plan options and utilities (gas, electric, internet). All students may be interested in the banking information.
- Centennial Hall website (ESF's amazing dorm)
- Housing website (on- and off-campus, with information on meal plans, banking and utilities)
All new first-year and transfer students are pre-registered for classes. At Orientation, students receive schedules and meet with advisors to make any adjustments and finalize registration.
Please be sure to send your final transcripts in to the Admissions Office prior to Orientation.
Contact the Registrar with questions, 111 Bray Hall, 315-470-6657.
ESF works with the Syracuse University Bookstore to offer textbooks. You can order textbooks online and have them delivered to the ESF Bookstore (Gateway Center) for pick-up. Details here: