News & Events
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is the recipient of a $5,000 award from the New York State Association for Reduction, Reuse and Recycling (NYSAR3) and the New York State Pollution Prevention Institute (NYSP21). The grant furthers ESF's efforts to look holistically at the campus' materials ecosystem and to build a zero-waste campus infrastructure that effectively addresses accessibility, equity and systemic oppression. (5/12)
In a speech laced with humor and poignancy, Zachary Warning welcomed people to "the first and, please God, only episode of Corona-mencement."
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) held its 119th Commencement virtually May 9.
The College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will celebrate commencement online in response to the coronavirus pandemic on Saturday, May 9, at 2 p.m. The event can be viewed by visiting youtube.com/esftv. Bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree candidates will be honored. An on-campus ceremony will be held in Syracuse in December to honor the Class of 2020. (5/6)
Tracking adult female fishers in the Central Adirondacks and Tug Hill will help determine what is causing a perceived population decline. (4/29)
The City of Syracuse and Onondaga County will recognize the 50th anniversary of Earth Day by recognizing the contributions that the State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry have made to the local, state, and national environmental and sustainability efforts. Toward that goal, the City and County have proclaimed that all future Earth Days in the City of Syracuse and Onondaga County will also be known as SUNY ESF Day. (4/22)
Earth Day is so important at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) that students reserve a week to celebrate. This year, though scattered to their homes across the country and globe due to COVID19 restrictions, ESF students are finding ways to celebrate Earth Week together while apart. (4/20)
Fifty-three students at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry Ranger School will graduate on Friday, April 17, 2020, in the Ranger School's 106th Commencement. The celebration will feature remote presentations from the College's leadership, but the students will be in full regalia and attendance, albeit socially distanced. (4/17)
Older AEC News...
- USA Working to Keep Students Socially Connected (4/1)
- ESF is First College in New York to Sign Plastic Ban Pledge (3/3)
- ESF to Host Undergraduate Research Conference (2/27)
- Senator Schumer, ESF Officials Support Northern Forest Research Initiative (2/21)
- ESF Becomes Tobacco-free Campus (2/12)
- Articulation Agreement Creates Seamless Pathway from OCC to ESF (1/30)
- AIC Hosts First Day Hike in the Adirondacks (12/23)
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF (10/15)
- New York Ag Connection: ESF to Host Travel Summit, Explore Welcoming Communities (9/25)
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities (9/23)
- ESF Named Top Performer in 2019 Sustainable Campus Index (8/26)
- ESF Brings Science to the New York State Fair (8/19)