Travel and Net Cards
This Travel Card is intended to reduce the amount of employee out-of-pocket expenses when traveling on behalf of the State. It is to be used when you are traveling using State Funds. This if for your travel expenses, not for any other persons travel.
The NET Card is intended for Non-Employee Travel. The NET Card can be used for Student travel expenses (including athletic team travel), Research Foundation (non-State) employee travel and Travel for potential candidate for employment.
|TRAVEL CARD-TRAVEL FOR THE PERSON WHOSE NAME IS EMBOSSED ON THE CARD.||NET CARD-TRAVEL FOR STUDENTS, GUESTS AND FACULTY/STAFF TRAVELING AS A "GROUP" WITH STUDENTS|
|Lodging||Lodging for guests, faculty and students|
|Registration (only expense that can be paid with Travel or Pcard||Conference registrations for faculty/staff|
|Meals||Candidate meals or Recruitment meals|
|Airfare||Airfare for guests, faculty and students|
|Rental Cars||Rental Cars|
|Taxi, Uber, Trains and Parking||Taxi, Uber, Trains and Parking for|
|Fuel for rental car||Fuel for rental car|
|Telephone charges (related to official State business)|
|Cannot be used for purchase of good or services|
**Alcoholic beverages CANNOT be paid with NET or Travel Cards**
Reconciling a Travel/NET Card
- ALL charges on the Travel Card must be supported by a Travel card reconciliation form (PDF) and a Travel Authorization Form (PDF).
- ALL charges on the NET Card must be supported by a NET card reconciliation form (PDF) and a Travel Authorization Form.
- The Travel Card billing period ends on the 22nd of each month and the NET Card billing period ends on the 6th of each month.
- Around the 23rd, travelers will receive an email notification from the Travel Office stating that they have charges to their Travel Card for that billing period.
- Around the 7th, travelers will receive an email notification from the Travel Office stating that they have charges to their NET Card for that billing period.
- The original receipts for all items charged on the State travel/NET card need to be submitted, with a corresponding Travel or NET Reconciliation form for each trip, to the Travel Office at SUNY ESF within 10 days after the email is sent out. (Example: all February's charges need to be turned in by March 2nd. for the Travel card and by the 20th for NET card)
- Timely submission of all documentation will make this reconciliation process successful.
- This process helps to ensure there is no duplicate payment of expenses and that all expenses related to one trip are accounted for.
- As part of the monthly reconciliation and travel voucher submission, any charges that are unable to be offset against allowable costs/expenses per SUNY guidelines must be paid back to the travel office at SUNY ESF via check. The check will be made payable to "SUNY ESF" and sent to the Travel Coordinator together with the Travel information for that trip.
- Per the State-wide Financial System (SFS), the monthly statement must be submitted in one monthly payment. Any late submissions may result in a late fee being charged to the campus. Should a late reconciliation create a late fee charge, the late fee will be charged to the department late in reconciling.
- Average monthly credit limit on the Travel Card will be $1,000 - 5,000 depending on department needs. Failure to submit monthly documentation and reimbursement will result in an immediate credit limit reduction to $1 until such time the breach is corrected.
More information regarding Travel/Net cards can be found at these links: