Beginning in 2018, ESF Career Services has joined forces with Syracuse University in utilizing Handshake! Handshake is now the college's primary method of posting internship and job opportunities, as well as how students can see in real-time what employers/organizations/institutions are attending both Career Fairs and Graduate/Professional School Fairs at both SUNY-ESF and Syracuse University. Log in and check out Handshake!
Why Use Handshake?
- Handshake is a new career management tool where students can find all job and internship postings, career fair and event details, employer information sessions, and employer descriptions.
- Students can also book career counseling appointments through Handshake.
- Gain information about SUNY-ESF's Career Fairs and Syracuse University Career Fairs
- Access "GoinGlobal," a resource for applying and working abroad. (Great resource for international students to find work in the U.S., too!)
Tips for Using Handshake
- Use Filters under the Jobs tab to find specific positions. This will help you narrow down your search results and find the opportunities most relevant to your interests.
- Use the Filter #esf under the "Labeled by Your School" category to find ESF-related internships/jobs!
- Keep your search simple. The more fields you enter data into, the fewer results you will yield.
- Create a Saved Search to automatically email you about jobs or internships in your desired industry or location.
- Click Add to Favorites to save an employer or internship posting. It will be viewable on the right-hand side.
Login to Handshake
To login to Handshake, follow these simple instructions to access your account:
- Visit the login page at – https://syr.joinhandshake.com/
- Use your NetID and password to log in. (alumni can request a Handshake account at that link too!)
- Handshake will take you through a quick series of questions to get an idea of who you are and where you would like to go.
- It only takes about five minutes to complete your profile to get access to the entire platform.
If you have any questions or are having trouble signing into your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help resolve your issue(s) and quickly as possible.