Changing Your Major
Once you have sorted through your individual interests and strengths, and reviewed your options, you may be ready to make a change to your major at ESF.
- It is the student's responsibility to oversee the gathering of each of the identified signatures.
- This form is left with the Admissions Office, which will create a new plan sheet and apply any transfer credits to the new program. This process will take between five and ten business days, at which time your change of major will be complete!
- Students may elect to meet with the Career Services Office (105 Bray Hall) at any time to further discuss career options and planning regarding their new major. Students, please consider the below identified deadlines in your planning.
- Students may elect to meet with the Admissions Office (218 Gateway Center) at any time to discuss transfer credit implications for their new major. Students, please consider the below identified deadlines in your planning.
To successfully change your major in time to register for classes in your new program, you must have this form completed and to the Admissions Office no later than the date which corresponds to the "Last Day to Drop a Class," identified on the academic calendar.
If you miss this deadline, your change of major will be processed as soon as possible, however there are no guarantees that it will be complete in time for you to receive advising and to register under your new major.
Change of Major Policies and Curriculum Coordinators
Curriculum Coordinators: Your new curriculum coordinator can be identified from Change of Major form located in the right tool bar.
A student may change their major at any time, however it is important to note that in order to ensure that the advising and registration process can occur under the new major, the student must adhere to the deadline date which corresponds with the "Last Day to Drop a Class," identified on the academic calendar.
If this deadline is not met, change of major requests will be processed as quickly as possible, but may not occur in time for the student to seek advising and register under their new major.
New incoming students wishing to change their major should contact the Admissions Office until the date identified as the "Last Day to Add a Class" on the academic calendar.
After this date, all change of major requests should use this form. Students, after completing the top section of this form please print this document. You will only need to bring the first page with you for the identified representatives to sign, the other pages are for your reference.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact the Office of Career Services:
Career Services Office
Division of Student Affairs
105 Bray Hall
Student Career Links
- Career Advising
- Changing Your Major
- Career Resources, Top Docs and Quick Links
- Personality Traits, Interests, Skills, Values & Interests
- International Students
- Students with Disabilities