ESF Supports Syracuse's 2009 Heart Walk
Become a team captain; register today
The Syracuse 2009 Heart Walk is slated for Saturday, April 18. The event celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.
The Heart Walk is a wonderful opportunity for those in our community who have been touched by heart disease to work together to raise money to fight this illness and to honor the lives that have been lost to it.
SUNY-ESF has approximately five teams registered for the Walk so far and we are aiming to sign up at least 10 teams. Won't you consider starting a team? It is a great way to get involved with the extended campus community as we help a great cause.
Our goal is for ESF to raise $10,000. All we need is 10 teams of 10 members each. If every participant raises $100, we will reach our goal. Your team can consist of faculty, staff or students here at ESF,but it can also include your friends, family, neighbors, classmates, etc. You can register your team at www.syracuseheartwalk.org.
Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women and men in the United States. Stroke is the No. 3 killer and a leading cause of permanent disability. These, and other cardiovascular diseases, claim more than 930,000 lives a year in our country.
Please help us make a difference.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210