First 2009 University Community Harvest Farmers Market
Series of markets will continue in September and October
SYRACUSE - The third annual University Community Harvest Farmers Market series will kick off on Friday, June 12.
The first market of the 2009 season will run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., during Syracuse Universit'ys Strawberry Festival, in the Q3 parking lot adjacent to the Quad. Free parking will be available in the Booth Garage, the University Avenue Garage and West Campus lots.
Presented by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) and Syracuse University, and open to the public, this year's markets will feature a variety of locally grown fruits, vegetables and plants; snacks; condiments; ceramics; and other handmade items. There will also be educational literature on healthy eating, sustainable practices and organic farming.
The market season will continue in the fall semester, with markets planned for five consecutive Fridays: Sept. 11, 18 and 25, and Oct. 2 and 9. The fall markets will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Waverly parking lot, at the corner of South Crouse and Waverly avenues.
The University Community Harvest Farmers Markets began as a pilot project in 2007. Last year, some 36 vendors participated during each of the four markets.
For more information, call 443-3608.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210