What’s on Your Environmental Bucket List?
ESF students plan on adventure, discovery, professional accomplishments
Most everyone has a bucket list. For college students studying the environment, it is a list with a twist that is decidedly "green."
ESF students were asked, "What's on your environmental bucket list?" Their answers touched on adventure travel, scientific discovery and career accomplishments:
"...to continue research with big cats and to hike all around the world."
"...to be part of the construction of a LEED Platinum building."
"...to travel to South Africa and to see the baobab tree in real life."
"...to sack urban sprawl."
The resulting video helps launch ESF's annual Earth Week celebration, which focuses the campus community's attention on the environment with events that include academic discussions, social gatherings and a day of community service.
"Every day is Earth Day at ESF," said College President Quentin Wheeler. "We were studying the environment for decades before the first Earth Day in 1970. This week of non-stop action gives us all a chance to share our work and dreams for the planet with one another. And divulging bucket lists is a great way for us to find out more about what our students are thinking."
Watch the video to see what the environmental leaders of tomorrow have on their bucket lists.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210