ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
Full Circle Feed honored with People & Planet Award
A dog treat company founded by ESF alumnus Michael Amadori won Green America's People & Planet Award.
Full Circle Feed, which produces environmentally sustainable dog treats, was recognized for its dedication to a green economy - a bottom line that includes protecting workers, communities and the environment. The honor includes $5,000 in prize money.
According to Amadori M.S. '12, the company's mission is to make the world a better place for pets, plants and people. The dog treats are made with vegetables, meats, fruits and breads from restaurant buffets that were prepared but not served.
"Full Circle Feed will use the funds to set up a more environmentally friendly production process and drying method," said Amadori. "In particular, instead of electricity or natural gas we plan to use waste heat or biogas generated from anaerobic digestion to bake our dog biscuits. This will greatly reduce our ecological footprint and give us the most sustainable dog treats on the market."
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210