ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
Full Circle Feed honored with People & Planet Award
A dog treat company founded by ESF alumnus Michael Amadori won Green America's People & Planet Award.
Full Circle Feed, which produces environmentally sustainable dog treats, was recognized for its dedication to a green economy - a bottom line that includes protecting workers, communities and the environment. The honor includes $5,000 in prize money.
According to Amadori M.S. '12, the company's mission is to make the world a better place for pets, plants and people. The dog treats are made with vegetables, meats, fruits and breads from restaurant buffets that were prepared but not served.
"Full Circle Feed will use the funds to set up a more environmentally friendly production process and drying method," said Amadori. "In particular, instead of electricity or natural gas we plan to use waste heat or biogas generated from anaerobic digestion to bake our dog biscuits. This will greatly reduce our ecological footprint and give us the most sustainable dog treats on the market."
Recent ESF News
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210