ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
Full Circle Feed honored with People & Planet Award
A dog treat company founded by ESF alumnus Michael Amadori won Green America's People & Planet Award.
Full Circle Feed, which produces environmentally sustainable dog treats, was recognized for its dedication to a green economy - a bottom line that includes protecting workers, communities and the environment. The honor includes $5,000 in prize money.
According to Amadori M.S. '12, the company's mission is to make the world a better place for pets, plants and people. The dog treats are made with vegetables, meats, fruits and breads from restaurant buffets that were prepared but not served.
"Full Circle Feed will use the funds to set up a more environmentally friendly production process and drying method," said Amadori. "In particular, instead of electricity or natural gas we plan to use waste heat or biogas generated from anaerobic digestion to bake our dog biscuits. This will greatly reduce our ecological footprint and give us the most sustainable dog treats on the market."
Recent ESF News
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210